Market Rasen 20/11

12.40 WISTOW EW I really fancied this horse last time at 50/1 when she fell at the 5th. Going in again today and hoping for a good run. Write up for last time still applies:

Well, this horse is about 50/1, but that is huuuuge IMO. This is a horse which caught my eye on debut last year for Pam Sly when really well backed. She was outpaced but ran on well at the death to take 5th. Gold Reef was ahead of her that day, but I feel Wistow's inexperience cost her a lot. The stable confidence in her was backed up next time, when she was sent to contest a Listed NH flat race at Sandown. Interestingly enough Timmy murphy was booked for the ride (unusual jockey booking for Pam Sly) but the horse never ran a race. That was a lot better than todays race though, and this is more her level. I felt she ran with a lot of promise last year, and if she matures a bit she could be a decent hurdler. This isnt a bad race, but I feel Wistow could run well and certainly run better than 50/1 suggests. Pam Sly is in decent form, and was unlucky today, She had a 3rd (disqualified) and a faller at the 2nd last when cruising. The yard is obviously coming into form and I quite like Pam Sly as a trainer. She does well with a small pool of horses, and I think this horse is a stand out bet. I expect it to be gambled, so I would advise to take the morning pirce (or BOG) EW @ 50/1
:hope:ok

Re: Market Rasen 20/11 12:40 Whisky Magic Trainer and jockey won 4 of 6 races yesterday at Hexham and all raced over hurdles. They have two scheduled runs today and Whisky Magic is the only one running over hurdles. Trainer J Howard Johnson now has 14 wins from 59 hurdles starts since October for a profit of 9.29lsp - 8/40 for a loss of 11.84 w/chasers/ 10pts win @ SP

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.