** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Davis Cup Final 21st-23rd November

Re: Davis Cup Final 21st-23rd November

Don't fancy anything on the first day. Very slightly tempted by Lopez at a juicy price but going to leave it. Heavy favourites system is on Nalbandian @ 1.36.
D.Ferrer 5.00 I''ll hunt this big dog. Look may be Nalby is heavy favourite, but he's not the same guy he was a year ago or earlier. Ferrer who's not very talented, but very working guy will give a stern opposition. Nothing to lose from him, he'll run all round trying to get the best out of Nalbandian. Also argentinian is not so good on clay, as he's in indoor hardcourt. It's the surface where footwork can prove very much. And if Nalbandian won't find his rhytm it will be a pity for him. H2H is 6-3 for Ferrer, but no recent matches. It won't be so easy as it seems to be. Del Potro -5 1.83 Lopez is very one-sided guy definetely. And this is not the surface for serve and volleying my mate. His ugly backhand will be exploted by the tall guy from Argentina. Be sure it will be a easy match for Del Potro. He's No.1 argentinian at the moment. And his accuracy and shot-making is very good. Simply different class guys. :lol

I wouldn't risk searching for a dog in Nalbandian vs Ferrer match... The match is played in Nalbandian home town' date=' with 11,000 sets in the crowd... As it's the first match in the final - in my opinion Nalbandian easy win...[/quote'] Well, my mistake was, I thought it was on clay actually, but on hard surely it's easy for Nalby. Also Lopez chances on hard increase, because serve and volley is much more effective. But with the crowd behind him JMP will take it in straight sets.

Re: Davis Cup Final 21st-23rd November Just had a little nibble on Spain 3-1 @ 3.5 Sportingbet. They'd have to win the doubles and the 4th rubber tomorrow. Looks like Nalbandian is playing in the doubles but I'd still fancy Lopez/Verdasco to take that down. Then the interesting part, del Potro in the 4th rubber against Ferrer. How bad is his injury? Will he play? If he does play, it could be really tough, longer rallies than he would like even though Ferrer's form is quite poor, the chance to take the Davis Cup and be the star would surely get him pumped up. Also if Argentina are 1-2 then massive pressure on del Potro and he has said he struggled with nerves in the semi final. If del Potro doesn't play then it would be Calleri or Acasuso, and you'd have to make Ferrer a solid fav for that.

Lopez/Verdasco get the job done so now onto the 4th rubber. A bit of talk about Verdasco playing instead of Ferrer' date=' I'd be quite happy with that against Calleri but would prefer Ferrer against del Potro.[/quote'] Looks like it's going to be Acasuso for Argentina.

Looks like it's going to be Acasuso for Argentina.
I believe personally Argentina will take off Del Potro, where did you got the information, that Acasuso is going to play ? I prefer Del Potro to go out he wouldn't be very fit, so Ferrer is the favourite here for me. No chance for Argentina right now.

Re: Davis Cup Final 21st-23rd November D.Ferrer 2.37 JMP looked simply poor against Lopez. His has an awful mental and physical condition. H2H is 2-1 for Ferrer, all matches played in 2008. As Mr. I said David is in poor form also, but the importance of this match, the mood in Spanian and Argentinian camp is very different right now. JMP made a lot of errors against Lopez, I couldn't recognize him simply. Ferrer is all-round player, who'll make JMP to ru a lot and will ezploit his bad physical weakness.

I believe personally Argentina will take off Del Potro, where did you got the information, that Acasuso is going to play ? I prefer Del Potro to go out he wouldn't be very fit, so Ferrer is the favourite here for me. No chance for Argentina right now.
I saw some article translated from Spanish. http://www.cadena3.com/post_ampliado.asp?post=18849 But quite a bit of odds movement lately suggesting it might be del Potro:unsure:unsure

That's the way to end the season:ok
No mate, there are few challengers remaining :\, it remains to be bet on guys like: I. Minar, A-U-H. Qureshi, L.Kubot or N. Okun. Challnegers list: This week:
Lima, Peru $50,000 Clay
Cancun, Mexico $35,000 Clay
Toyota, Japan $35,000 Carpet