Fintron's Handicap Ratings

fintron

I want to paper trial a method of handicapping I thought up the other day. I am only interested in all-weather racing and have handicapped horses based on their past performances in all-weather races only. It is kind of like a points based system, where points are awarded depending on a horses finishing position in its recent races, depending on the distances it won/lost by, and the class of the race in question. I'm wanting to tweak a few things but want to get something down on paper (so to speak) and take things from there. Each horse is given a Fintron Rating which I call 'FR'!! 12.00 Lingfield FR's 68. Highest Esteem 68. Venir Rouge 67. Potentiale 67. William's Way 61. Strike Force 59. Epsom Salts 59. Zelos 59. Corlough Mountain 57. Lady Sorceror 52. Snowberry Hill 47. Karmei 43. Shinken Otto 38. Medieval Maiden Night Orbit, Home and Captain Sirus were not allocated ratings because they didn't have enough relevent form for analysis. So in this race the ratings picks are Highest Esteem (7/1 Paddypower) and Venir Rouge (16/1 Paddypower). If I was to use the FR's as a guide to point me in the right direction for form study, rather than backing the highest rated implicitly, I would probably go with Potentiale (4/1 Paddypower) in this race. It is only 1 pt behind the top FR-rated and is running off a 2 lb lower official mark than when second to War of the Roses here recently.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.