Virgin dropping Webdollar

jolly67

Re: Virgin dropping Webdollar

Is it better to keep € or change to £ when this goes in?
Assuming your banking is in GBP, then for sure GBP is better..... There's no loss in converting from GBP to EUR for the tables. If you have a EUR account though, but GBP/USD banking, then you will face transaction/exchange costs when you deposit/withdrawal. If you use Neteller, and your neteller account is in a currency other than GBP, then your best bet is probably to match your Neteller currency....
If you have selected a Pound Sterling or US Dollar Virgin Games account your funds will be converted in to Euros in the poker at an exchange rate updated daily. When you exit the poker room or manually transfer funds back to your Virgin Games account your funds will be moved back at exactly the same rate with which they were transferred in.

Re: Virgin dropping Webdollar Some interesting points in the FAQ - basically you will have to verify your details with Virgin before you can withdraw - I can understand this and don't think it unusual at all, but know some have problems with it. If you withdraw before the changeover, then you will probably avoid this (assuming you're not playing there any more), however you'll get less by going through webdollar, so probably worth sitting tight and giving Virgin the ID they'll need when the time comes.

Why do I need to deposit first in order to take my cash out of my account? We know this is a bit of a pain, but it’s for security purposes. When we bring your account over from Webdollar to Virgin Games we need to know that the depositing player is the same player who is withdrawing the money. I’ve been asked to provide identification to prove I am who I say I am. Why? Our licence and regulator require us to verify the age, name and address of anyone who plays on our site. Where possible we will try to do this via electronic checks against publicly held records using the information you have provided. Unfortunately, these checks do not always return a 100% score, mainly due to databases not being updated and other limitations. Where this happens we will have to ask you to help us out by sending us documentation such as a copy of your passport or a utility bill.

Re: Virgin dropping Webdollar

Now I can't get back into Virgin, keeps telling me unable to login. They must have a lot of people on the line because I can't get live support or get them on the phone. I think I'll leave it til tomorrow once it's all died down. :ok
All sorted. :nana