Wolverhampton 17/11/08

4.30 Dart proved she needed her seasonal reappearance when bolting up on her 2nd start LTO, reversing previous form with principle rivals. The penalty shouldn't be a problem but the switch to a quicker could be, it's my only concern - although he did run well here 12 months ago. For a split second Into The Light looked the winner LTO but then Silk Hall was spotted looming in behind after initially coming off the bit for a stride or two. He caught a tartar there and Silk Hall won well NTO too despite carrying a penalty. Into The Light has improved since being tried at longer trips and should continue to do so. Opera De Luna looked a certain future winner when flashing home late at Nottingham in October. Has disappointed twice since but this surface could suit and is over priced on best form. Dart 70% of stake Into The Light 20% of stake Opera De Luna 10% of stake Plus combos

Re: Wolverhampton 17/11/08 5.30 It was over three months ago when I backed Mark Johnston's Storming Heart when he finished 2nd to Certain Promise. Time flies and a lot has happened since, I remember that race very well which is why I struggling to believe it was so long ago. I backed the winner as well, Certain Promise, and that looked like a very well handicapped horse that night (won NTO too). I thought Storming Home ran a cracker to chase her home and I was surprised he ran so poorly on his next two starts. Ran a lot better LTO when blinkers were re-fitted. Was 5th to Megalo Maniac which wasn't a bad effort considering the 1-2 are at the top of their game at the moment. 3lb out the handicap here but still only runs off a mark of 51. Should find a race soon, if not today than maybe off his actual mark of 48 very soon. Flagstone flopped over hurdles but wasn't disgraced in flat maidens won by some decent types earlier this year. Storming Heart 85% of stake Flagstone 15% of stake

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.