Lingfield 11/11

Spooner

Re: Lingfield 11/11 I've just been reading the excellent preview to the jumps season on the Attheraces website, http://www.attheraces.com/Jumps/article.asp?opt=Jumps+-+Trendspotting&hlid=496505 which may be of interest to those which haven't been on there lately. 1.00 Tom George has his string in good order at the minute and six of his last ten runners have finished in the top two. He sends out Mewstone here for this novices hurdle at a track where he has a 25 % strike rate (5-20, 5 yrs). She landed a bumper at Uttoxeter last time time out and with Paddy Brennan on board could strike again. 6/5 Bet 365. 1.30 The favourite aside, this looks wide open and the remaining nine runners have just three wins between them in their eight-figure form. I'm going each-way on Portrait Royale, who has shown hints of ability over hurdles and has previously won an Irish point-to-point so may take to chasing here. 11/1 Bet 365 EW. 2.00 Paul Nicholls may be all the rage after a fantastic start to the season but the Attheraces stats show that, from a profit/loss point of view, Alan King is a better trainer to follow with novice hurdlers making their first start over hurdles (ROI, 1.27 as opposed to 0.94). King sends out In Vino here and as a profitable trainer to follow in such events, King's runner gets the nod for me here. 7/2 Bet 365.