Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Hamilton v Taylor 10 Pts Hamilton +5.5 legs. 1.71(5/7) Betfair Hamilton seems to love this venue and bar and is averaging nigh on a hundred for the tournament so far.Last nights nine dart shootout should have given Hamilton extreme confidence as it was under massive pressure.With his high scoring he should be able to keep pace with Taylor like he did for 20 legs in last years final.he needs 5 legs to land this bet and he should with ease. 2 Pts Hamilton to win 12/1 Betfair. No-one with this much talent should be this price even against Taylor in a longer format and at this price it's too much value just to leave alone

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4

I would just describe it as an old pals act for a BDO friend. I actually watched the very late night highlights again last night when they showed just particular dodgy legs which does not completely put the game in context as Fitton was playing well and that is why the sudden and inexplicable drop in standard was so noticeable. However it is even clearer to my mind that this was a fix and Im not the only one with this view' date=' practically everyone who saw it was saying the same thing. Even the commenatators (btw hasnt Mason turned out to be a refreshing change to the hype merchants from sky) picked up on it. When Fitton won that 7th leg that he didnt want too but in the end did otherwise it would be so blatent that he was fixing the game, Rawling said something like, 'its gone in' in a tone expressing total surprise. The last couple of legs did not look good either. Fitton needs 88 and ends up with a D7 for it that mysteriosuly ends up in the middle of D19 so he busts that shot. There was an occasion he was on for a 180 and had the first two in the T20 only to end going to the ones but looking at his throw I have to say that he almost just put it there as there was the whole left end of the bed to aim at and he seemed to just aim right when there was no space. The tops were good attempts for the the 0 of the 20 on the wire. I have no doubt in my mind about that game.[/quote'] I've had a look at the entire game now and watched it with the opinion that it was fixed,but having seen it that really is how Darryl Fitton plays. He can be massively on top in a match and then suddenly he goes all over the board.This happened to him when leading against Thornton in the Masters last year,he battered him scoring and finishing in the first 4 sets but then went muck-spreading across the board big style. It happened again in the 2008 BDO Champs when he blitzed Robson and was outscoring Webster in the Quarters when he couldn't hit a double to save his life. Regarding the comments by Mason and the other bloke,it's just the same old balls they've been spouting all week, anything to try and sensationalise and get a story. I still can't belive Fitton would let Anderson through knowing he could face him in a later round where Anderson would trash him over a longer format.If he'd wanted to throw it he would have just scored 60's and 59's in those final 3 legs but he didn't.He had done his job and the arm just switches off.If you think that was bad at doubles this round will show he's a bad small finisher as he's done many a time at the BDO Champs over the past few years. Bar that can some-one teach the ITV cameramen to follow the darts as they're all over the place and keep missing checkouts and the first 2 darts in a 180.Warriner-Little as a caller has been miles off,often sending the cameramen to the wrong part of the board.He's been cack at finishing for the last few years so how he's an expert caller is beyond me.Now that Parts knocked out I'd love him to get back in the commentary box as he's the best in the business at working out where the players are going. I also think he believes he's the next Sid Waddell with his cheesy comments on anything.If he says i'll put a flake in it(on 99) one more time i'm liable to ram a flake into his nose and ears.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Wade v Anderson 10 Pts Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Blue Square This should be a titanic battle of two high scorers.Anderson has not been as prolific at the 180's so far,only getting 4 in his 3 group stage matches,but he does suffer from nerves a lot but in the longer format he should be able to settle into his stride. Wade again has only hit 5 in his 3 group games,and 4 of those coming in one match against Ovens,but he also will be suited by the longer format. Though the average would be 4 each I think they'll know there going to have to hit them to be in with a chance of winning.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Barney v Young 10 Pts Over 6.5 180's 5/6 Blue Square Barneys' hit 7 180's in his 3 group games and Young has hit 6. Barney is one of the best 180 scorers when he gets going but does suffer lapses against "easier" opponents,as seen against Mawson in the last group match,so this should give us a minimum of 14 legs to get 7 in.Young will be fighting all the way and under intense pressure he's been hitting the 180s.I've a feeling Barny could get 7 on his own if he's relaxed enough.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Thornton v Jenkins 10 pts Thornton -2 11/8 Stan James (This includes the draw) 10 pts over 6.5 180's 4/7 Blue Square Thornton had a shakey last game against Shepperd in the final group match,only just getting over the line after Shepperd missed a few match darts to knock him out.But this Scotsman never knows when to give up, he's a prolific 180's scorer and has hit 9 in his 3 games(6 in one match),and with that scoring power he's going to trouble Jenkins big style.He's not been far off with his doubles but in a longer format he'll be able to settle in and pummel away at the board. Jenkins is still a scrappy player and when the pressure seems to be on he needs quite a few darts at the double to get it. Six 180's in his group games suggest he's scoring fairly well and getting chances at doubles but with Thornton scoring heavier,he be under intense pressure to take out the doubles and this is where Thornton should beat him.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Fitton v Ovens 10 Pts Over 6.5 180's 11/10 Blue Square Fitton as we've seen is a very high scorer and has hit 7 180's in his 3 games(5 in one match),Ovens meanwhile has only scored 2 in his 3 group game,so it really needs a few legs to get this one going and with Fittons poor finishing late in the game it should give Ovens the chance to plug away to get a couple of 180's.The longer format should then give Fitton the chance to land at least 4.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 With the Whitlock bet going down, -10 pts,(damn good game though) Webby winning +11 pts Hamilton +7.14 Pts and -2pts for the outright(oooooo thought he had him for a second) Gives me +6.14 for that day and -47.37 overall.Slowly edging back to a profit hopefully:ok

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 You can have yor own views sharpey but for me that game on Tuesday was the most bent darts game I have seen since Robson played Anderson in that 3-1 game. The potential to knock Anderson out never came into it for Fitton. Anyway best of luck with your bets tonight, I think some of the overs on the 180s is on as well but I can never call it right when I go that type of betting so just one: Wade -2 11/8 var 10 pts Wade has generally played well this year winning in Bolton and three final appearances elsewhere where he ran into Taylor three times. I did think he was having a little slip when he went out early in Ire. but he has come back well the last couple of weeks. He won a floor event in Holland and has been very impressive this week. He thrashed De Ruiter and then prouduced an amazing display to beat Ovens with a 111 average and the pressure was on in that game. The pressure was also on against Lewis and Wade was up to it in that game too with another good display. Anderson has been a bit erratic this week. He lost his first game when he was poor, played better in his second although nowhere near Wade's level so far and its hard to give judgement on his third game given the circumstances relating to that game. However it has been noticeable that his doubles have not been that consistent nor has been his scoring, good patches but then he will go a couple of visits on the trot where he cant buy a treble. Wade normally does not have such trouble and I think he can not only win this game but with a bit of ease.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Bar the Barny game a fantastic night of darts.A nine-darter from Wade and a host of 180's.Also it's not advisable to have a drinking contest for every 180 thrown that night as 40 through the whole evening has nearly killed me,though I did quit halfway through the Wade/Anderson match after the 9 darter. Though I think ITV seriously have to offer something to Wade for that,Taylor did the same,whilst i was there twice,at the UK Opens a few years back and Budweiser finally decided to give Taylor something for it.It's a big flaw for the Grand Slam and ITV. Well back to the bets Wade/Anderson 15 180's +8.33 Barney/Young 7 180's +8.33 Thornton -10 Thornton/Jenks 12 180's +7.14 Fitton/Ovens 6 180's -10pts Though i've never seen so many deflections aftr the first 2 darts went in by Fitton.Also Fitton proved me right by going wayward so often,same head shakes as the Anderson match and some very poor finishing. A profit of +3.80 now leaves me on -43.57

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Great night of darts last night, im a big trader of it on betfair. Jenkins cme back was predictable, you could just see him warming up with the scoring and the finishing had to come eventually. I think Thornton knew and you could by the end he didnt believe he could win. The treble one double shot was quality. 9 Darter was awesome but again you knew that would destory his focus on the game outright.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Two for me: King evens var 10 pts. On paper this looks a very tough match to call but I just wonder if King can repeat what he did in the group stage and beat Webster. King had an emotional win over McDine in the last 16 and it was a good win too considering McDine was playing brilliantly early on in that game and whilst his level dropped off a bit, King did well to come back in that one. Webster has been more impressive as this event has gone on and thrashed Part with some noticeably good finishing, however that match does have to be put into some context given how badly Part played in that game. King shouldnt be such an easy challenge and in a tight game I just give him a slight edge. Fitton 2/1 boy 10 pts. Now that Fitton has to win this match he might actually try to win this match against Anderson and I think he has a decent chance to do so even in a longer match. Also its my last chance to go with fitton as I will let my outright on him ride if he wins today. In the whole event I personally think Fitton has played the more consistent darts and he showed that against ovens yesterday when he was actually pretty good on his doubles for once, 7/15 at one stage I think and he saw off a revival from Ovens to win that one. Anderson beat Wade in a strange match. Wade generally played by his standards very very average and yet ended up with a 9 darter whereas Anderson remained a bit hit and miss imo by his standards. Sure he ended up with a good 95 average (basically same as Fitton) but there was still some real indifference especially on the doubles where he missed a lot of times. His power scoring was fanstastic though with 10 180s and this leads me onto my 180 bet. Fitton too can bang in the 180s even though he got a 'mere' 5 in his last game. Over 9.5 180s 5/6 lad 10 pts I think could be on the cards even though there are some more adventurous options on that one.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Barney v Jenkins 10 Pts Over 7.5 180's 5/6 SkyBet After last nights performance I would have tought this would have been higher.Jenkins destroyed the treble 20 bed with 9 and a lazy Barney still hit 5 when under no pressure at all.Both will know those 180's will be the key to the match and with Jenks with his eye in and Barney finally getting someone to push him we should be in with another cracker.Four a piece each will do it though again it's concievable that either could get these on their own.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Anderson v Fitton 10 pts Anderson -2.5 legs 5/6 Bet 365 Both have been woeful on finishing under pressure,but both have been consistently high scoring.This is down really to a battle of the doubles and even though Anderson was poor he holds a massive advantage over Fitton in head to heads on the BDO Circuit.Mentally this will go against Fitton and this is usually the stage of a TV tourney that he crumbles,against Ovens he was all over the shop in the middle of the match and he knows if this happens again against Anderson he's out of the event. I think the game against Wade will set Anderson firing again.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 King v Webster 10 Pts Over 7.5 180's 4/5 SkyBet King has always been one of the highest scorers in the game and in a emotional match,against McDine,he hit 4 but there were many occasions he should have scored far more.Webster hit 3 in a one sided match against John Part and when pushed should be able to hit a few more and if the right King turns up he's going to have to score heavily to keep in the match.In the group match between these two King hit 3 and Webster only 1 but over the longer format it should spur both players on to batter the hell out of that treble. It's concievable that they could get over the 8.5 on offer at Evens but on simple maths it's easier to play it slighty safer and hope they recreate the 4 in 9 legs to have 8 in 19.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 :clap brilliant darts, the b.d.o boys have shone , they have come here and shown there is not a massive difference in class ,apart from "pecker" brian woods who i just cant wait to oppose at the lakeside. who's going to win , jenkins,king,anderson have all played well but u cant underestimate taylor, especially as the matches are getting longer now. its great to see the old terry jenkins, scoring for fun and finishing well too, i think id have to take him to beat anderson as anderson is a slow starter ,if jenkins can take early legs then he should get in a rythm and should take control,unlike fitton who just cant handle long matches. king did play well but hel have the crowd against him and even with his earplugs hel still know it , taylors not been at his best but i think a lot hs got to do with the opponents his met have been playing out of their skin.so i make it a taylor v jenkins final and ............... and......... i reckon jenkins is going to win it. hes got to be the value bet at 10/1 ,wasnt he world no.1 last year,before the grand slam and pdc world championships ? one last thing , well done simon whitlock:clap you have been the man of the tournament so far, you were shit in 2006 and now your the nuts,unbelievable turn around, this bloke used to be useless,always farting around with his treble 19,s a regular scorer of 58 but now a solid scorer and perhaps the one to back at the lakeside,well done whitlock.... but lose that pony tail man , do yerself a favour !!!;)

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 King V Taylor 10 pts King to win 8/1 Betdaq This is a stupid price for a man in the best form of his life.He's shown immense strength in coming back to beat McDine and holding of Webster,now comes Taylor. Kings' beaten Taylor twice this year on the floor in Players Champs and was only narrowly edged out by Taylor in the Online Championship of Darts 7-5, also in Germany he had a great game with Taylor losing 9-3 but Taylor averaged 113 in that match against Mervyn who averaged 100 himself. Taylors looked a bit shakey and was very average in the first half of the Whitlock match and though he pulled it together in the middle he was still under pressure at the end.King wanted Taylor badly for these semis and I think he's got the focus and belief to shade it in the match.Yes the crowd will be mental but that should spur King on the little bit more.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Last night was another cracker and was just one 180 shy of 3/3:( King/Webster 7 180's -10 Barney/Jenks 12 180's +8.33 Anderson -2.5legs +8.33 +6.66 for the day. Now only -36.91 for the tourney.:ok I'll do some more bets later when my liver recovers.:lol

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Well I was trying to work out my figures so far and worked out -37 so even with 100 pts gone on one match you are ahead of me sharpey :lol Good recovery. I dont really see much today. King possibly is a bit over priced given that he is playing well and Taylor at times by his incredible standards is just a little bit off but Taylor seems to always reserve his best for King, wary of the threat he poses as he has already beaten him twice on the floor this year and I wonder if it might be a similar story tonight. In the other game it probably is about right. Anderson should not still be in this tournament but he has taken advantage of his friends earlier act and improved every game, similarly to last year. He beat Fitton yesterday and whilst I cant see jenkins dropping his level so suddenly, Anderson might just have that bit much power for him although both will want to just improve their doubles whoever they meet in the final. So that might just be it for me in this event unless any real obvious pick comes up and complete two or three poor events on the trot in the darts having done reasonably well in the summer. Roll on the worlds.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 :cheers nice one tezza jenkins, bully bully ! :beer, ive backed taylor to win it though i reckon bullys got a great chance........... dont bet on the final , just enjoy it..........oh go on then a small punt on a nine darter in the final if u can get on !!:cheers i love darts........... wheres gaz blades these days, are u stll throwing arrows mate ?

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Jenkins Vs Taylor Jenkins has played well to reach the final, showed great character when coming from behind to beat Barney, he's scored heavily when needed, Jenkins record in finals speaks for itself though as he showed against Anderson, struggles to finish games off, Taylor had no such problems against King last night, dispatching him with comfort despite missing some doubles early on. Fully expect a Power surge, especially with the whole crowd behind him.First to 18 legs takes the title. Taylor -5.5 legs @ 1.98

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Nice comeback Sharpey. To be over 60pts in profit taking out the Anastasia bet is a decent week in anyone's book. Top stuff yet again mate :ok. For the record, I had money on Fitton and I still agree with your comments. When I backed Fitton I knew he can be brilliant and yet he can be suddenly awful. It happens. I missed the end of the tourney betting wise but the last 4 nights were sensational darts. I finished the tourney with a slight profit and missing the end was probably a good thing because some of those handicaps I'd have got stung on I think :$

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Crappy computer,not been able to do anything before the final and until now ,so finished on -46.91(though I would have broke even on here if I could have had a bet).Take off the minus 100 and it would have looked alright A note on Planet Darts says that the DRA(Darts Regulation Authority) are reviewing the Fitton/Anderson group stage match,due to the number of complaints recieved. They're not gonna be able to prove anything though cos Fittons display against Anderson in the later round matched what happened in that.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4

Nice comeback Sharpey. To be over 60pts in profit taking out the Anastasia bet is a decent week in anyone's book. Top stuff yet again mate :ok. For the record, I had money on Fitton and I still agree with your comments. When I backed Fitton I knew he can be brilliant and yet he can be suddenly awful. It happens. I missed the end of the tourney betting wise but the last 4 nights were sensational darts. I finished the tourney with a slight profit and missing the end was probably a good thing because some of those handicaps I'd have got stung on I think :$
Cheers fella:ok,only just got back online and it seems we posted at the same time ish.Spooky :unsureas it backed up one of your points:ok