** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov IVANOVIC @ 2.25 Coral. This looks a reasonable price to me. H2H is 6-1 to Ivanovic and that could be pretty important here - it's clearly a good match up for Ivanovic. Jankovic finished the season very strongly winning 3 tournaments before running out of gas against Pennetta in Zurich. Ivanovic was having a poor time since the French Open, but looked to find some form in that tournament in Zurich and took the title. As I mentioned during that week she'll be coming into this part of the season pretty fresh and gaining in confidence she could play really well here. Not sure how much Jankovic has left, and with the imposing H2H I like getting Ivanovic at odds against.

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov Vera showed some really impressive performance during October and compared to Kuznetsova chick ; she had tougher opponents and got through most of those except Jankovic :lol Kuznetsova is playing her overall tennis and i don't think that would be enough to dominate visible raise of Zvonareva's performance.I expect a clear win . GL ! ZVONAREVA @ 1.92 6/10

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov I'm going to go for Jankovic to beat the gorgeous Ivanovic. The head to head favours Ana but the last match the two played was very close and I believe Jelena is close to that win. With Ana having been out of form and only just recently come back in to form I think the time is now for Jelena to turn the tables and beat Ana. 1.70

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov

IVANOVIC @ 2.25 Coral. This looks a reasonable price to me. H2H is 6-1 to Ivanovic and that could be pretty important here - it's clearly a good match up for Ivanovic. Jankovic finished the season very strongly winning 3 tournaments before running out of gas against Pennetta in Zurich. Ivanovic was having a poor time since the French Open' date= but looked to find some form in that tournament in Zurich and took the title. As I mentioned during that week she'll be coming into this part of the season pretty fresh and gaining in confidence she could play really well here. Not sure how much Jankovic has left, and with the imposing H2H I like getting Ivanovic at odds against.
ups little correct mr i h2h is 7-1 last win for ivanovic was this year on rollan garos with 6-4 3-6 6-4 :P jj this year played realy good won last 3 tournaments while ivanovic is finally back in game:D she won in linz and only lose one set from radwanska easy beat zvonareva in final 6-2 6-1 who is really in hot form this year same with peneeta in 2 sets and with bammer i thnik that this tradicion with h2h will repeat today i will go for IVANOVIC WIN GL for match between kuznetsova-zvonareva i cant predict winner but i thnik best bet is over 25 games or in 3 sets gl:D

Vera showed some really impressive performance during October and compared to Kuznetsova chick ; she had tougher opponents and got through most of those except Jankovic :lol Kuznetsova is playing her overall tennis and i don't think that would be enough to dominate visible raise of Zvonareva's performance.I expect a clear win . GL ! ZVONAREVA @ 1.92 6/10
+5,52 :ok

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov ZVONAREVA @ 2.29 Pinnacle. Ivanovic was quite poor against Jankovic I thought. She didn't seem to cope with the conditions very well and had a strange moment near the end where she appeared to have a physical problem then decided to hit out even more than usual. Not sure if she's going to be 100% tomorrow and I'm willing to take Vera against her. Zvonareva was pretty good against Kuznetsova and a win here will get her into the semis. Ivanovic won this meeting in the final in Linz very comfortably but that was very different circumstances and I think Vera should be shorter than this.

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov i have no idea about this tournament... but if dementieva finds the way to serve, she will win better player than veus in my eyes guys any idea for today's games to recoup my last night damages at champions league? how ivanovic is looking nowdays? how is the opponent? svonareva or something? please advice thnx:dude

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov if nobody replies, i will take Ivanovic tobeat 2-0 svonareva last time i warhed ivanovic was in roland garros final, she won if i remember correctly, dont remember though who was the opponent, kuznetsova perhaps, and i am not willing to search because is totally meaningless in women tennis never watched zvonareva, but again is no need of that small stakes to enjoy my afternoon just waiting the big champions league night :hope see you boys :ok

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov SERENA @ 1.52 Pinnacle. This may seem crazy, but I think it's pretty good value. Have to look at the week so far, and despite getting a couple of wins Venus has looked bad. She's serving pretty poorly in the wind and I expect Serena to break her a lot. Serena looked very strong against Safina and definately looks sharper than Venus. Plus, a Serena win is the best result for both of them to get through the group - and that's the most important thing.

I did and said the Demetieva one might go to 3 - which happened:eyes
I meant to Andrew Murray, because he lost that bet. I ended up putting both Williams sisters in multi for straight win, so i won that ;) I want to take Jankovic @ 1.47 andIvanovic @ 1.65 but separate or in a multi for odds up to 2.42?

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov DEMENTIEVA @ 2.58 Pinnacle. Big match here with the winner getting into the semi finals. What happened to Serena yesterday? She looked good in the first match but then was atrocious yesterday after the first set and that has to hurt the confidence. Could put it down to being against her sister but I'm still willing to go against her here. Demetieva got a decent win over Safina yesterday after a strange match against Venus. To be honest, this one could be really weird too and I'm willing to take the price here. H2H is 4-2 to Serena with Serena winning 4 meetings in 2003-2004 (when Serena was awesome and Dementieva was good but the serve was a bi liability) and interestingly Dementieva has won the last 2 meetings, including a big quarter win in Beijing this year. ZVONAREVA @ 2.75 Ladbrokes. Got a nice win on Vera against Ivanovic, and I'm willing to back her here. Not sure who'll be more up for this match, both have qualified but there is prize money for winning the group (I think) and it will determine who they play in the semis. Also a slight injury concern for Jankovic but with her it's impossible to know when it's real. I've been impressed with Zvonareva thus far and I think with a bit of pressure off she can get the win. H2H was close but Jankovic has won a few matches recently.

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov hi guys here is my bets for today IVANOVIC-KUZNETSOVA 1 as u know ivanovic was very poor in last months but she finlaly start to play and won in zuruch she is out of race toghether with kuznetsova kuzn had hard match with jj and i think toghether will easy lose in 2 sets also h2h for ivanovic 5-2 and this 2 wins for kuznetsova was in 2006 also yesterday was ivanovic birthday for 21 :P she cant leave this tournament w/o win:) hehe gl ZVONAREVA-JANKOVIC hm interesting match but i will go for ZVONAREVA WIN as u mentioned jj had injury problem i thnik she wont give here so much while zvonareva is playing really good in doha 2 easy wins :P gl about dementieva-willimas i dont have any ideas maybe i will try dementieva win

last time i warhed ivanovic was in roland garros final, she won if i remember correctly, dont remember though who was the opponent, kuznetsova perhaps, and i am not willing to search because is totally meaningless in women tennis never watched zvonareva, but again is no need of that
You truly are the legend of Punters Lounge. Keep up the good work Andy :clap

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov DEMENTIEVA @ 2.22 Betfair. I've backed Vera twice this week, but now it's time to go the other way at this price. She's shown a bit better form than Elena but still I struggle to see how she deserves to be favourite. If this was the group stage I'd agree, but now we get to the semis it's all in the head and I have to go for Elena - this is just like the Olympic semi where Elena came through in 2. Both had pretty tough dead rubbers yesterday but it was clearly more of a big deal for Zvonareva beating Jankovic. JANKOVIC @ 2.3 Betfair. When these two met in Stuttgart, I though Venus would blow Jankovic away - it didn't happen, and Jelena ground out a win in 3 sets. Here I expect something similar to happen. Venus has got 3 wins this week, but has looked pretty unconvincing in all her matches and I think Jankovic will just be too solid. Jankovic lost to Zvonareva yesterday, but I don't think she'll be thinking of that too much and should come out and play pretty solid here. She's number 1 in the world and despite a niggling back injury, I make her the slight favourite here, especially if the wind blows.

Re: WTA Championships 4th - 9th Nov Grr a couple of 3 set losses. ZVONAREVA @ 3.5 Stan James. This just looks too big given how well Vera is playing. She came through in 3 sets against Demetieva and was the stronger when it mattered in the 3rd. She's in the form of her life and maybe this is her time to land a big title. Vanus came through in 3 against Jankovic and for the most part was impressive, but still looks a little vunerable and her serve can really go off. She's a decent fav here, but I see this as being pretty close, despite the 5-1 H2H for Venus. Anything over 3.00 is pretty good.