Shoving with any Ace - FAO Slapdash

BAM

Slap, please can you read column 2 on page 56 of the October issue of Insidepoker. I know you have had a counter arguement on this a few times on this forum but I want to understand it more as this is something I am getting increasingly confused by and I have done some pretty lame shoves recently. Aside from this I loved this article on fold quity (nice one AlunB) as I know one or two players on here swear by it and base their whole game on it, which makes them exploitable sometimes ;)

Re: Shoving with any Ace - FAO Slapdash

Slap, please can you read column 2 on page 56 of the October issue of Insidepoker. I know you have had a counter arguement on this a few times on this forum but I want to understand it more as this is something I am getting increasingly confused by and I have done some pretty lame shoves recently.
My counter argument is just that it's simply not true that a hand like :8d::7d: does better against a realistic calling range than :Ac::5s:.Try it on PokerStove. It's true that if you're called by a big ace then you'd rather have :8d::7d:, but against many other likely calling hands like KK, 99, KQs, you're much better off with :Ac::5s:. And another point in favour of :Ac::5s: is that because you have an ace, it's less likely that your opponents will have hands in their calling range, so you're more likely to win the blinds without a showdown.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.