Newmarket - 1/11/08

2.45 Kirklees 6/4 var 15 pts Class act in this race for me. Sure some nice types also in here who probably havent fulfilled their potential here like jack dawkins and duncan who I would be keen on if this was say a 12f race but Im a bit surprsised that they have moved him back in trip against this quality of opposition. However the could all be catching kirkless, a former group 1 winner at 2, who was impressive in his two wins last year and made a highly encouraging reappearance at hq over a trip which was on the shortish side these says. He has a further trip today which really should suit, ground no problem, trainer in decent form at last and the proven class horse for me. 3.20 Moynahan 16/1 boy bog 7.5 pts e.w Another one who I have followed often this year starting off with his sixth in the 2000g and really looking at the horses near him that day, he has to be interesting in a handicap off 98. Since then it hasnt all gone for him but his last two runs have not been a disgrace, he was 7 lengths of in a group 3 and then behind alexandros and charlie farnsbarns who did no harm to that form when winning at 50/1 afterwards in a group contest. He stayed on quite well that day over a mile and suggested indeed that he may need a trip now but given the strongly run nature of the race that there should be today, it could set it up for him to come late from his wide draw. He does have some class about him and it is untapped class too as he remains relatively lightly raced. Probably the softish ground he has been on so far but connections seem ok for him to go on it and it isnt extreme ground, just gd - sft, wouldnt be at all surprised to see him come with a late run into at least a place here. 3.55 Virtual 5/1 var 7.5 pts e.w Going for the bare minimum here with an e.w bet. There are some nice types in here, bankable who has the class but has become very frustrating this season, alexandros was impressive lto but did get an easy lead but the one I like is virtual who has a progressive profile for such an inform trainer. Came second twice last year in some warmish maidens before getting of the account with a good hq win, the form of the horses he beat esp. the 2,3 and 4 is solid. After that he ran ok in listed company before finding the fast ground too quick at asc. However the last couple of starts have seen him show real class and that he sees out the mile no problem. Clearly he relishes the soft ground which isnt suprising being a pivotal and he won a nice handicap at don before winning a listed event in france and beating another solid performer in lady deauville. whereas some in here have been frustrating, he has been progressive and can continue that today with conditions suiting.