Tonights focus game - 2xKey Hands

GaF

2 Hands in tonights focus game that I felt I played particularly poorly and were the hands that knockend me out. Thoughts? How would you have played them? Hand 1: I think I'd usually have called, but with Washy and Jolly on the table, didn't want to call for my tournament life with Ace high :$ f_20081031KH1m_c64b591.gif Hand 2: Should I have cbet to represent the King? or just let it go with the overcard? Should I have just shoved pre flop? f_20081031KH2m_6c9ca6b.gif

Re: Tonights focus game - 2xKey Hands You influence unbiaised decisions with your suggetsions - but fwiw heres my twopenneth worth Hand A. (This is how I would probably have played it, presuming the opponent hasn't shown any extreme tendencies in the way he plays i.e overplaying weak aces etc.) I'd probably just called here preflop - as I have position and the blinds are still pretty small. Lets see a flop and take it from there. I'm very wary of the limp/re-raise (re: Andy Bloch Full Tilt Tournament Strategy Guide) which is why unless I'm playing a big pair - or the limper is short relative to my stack I prefer to call and play post flop, especialy as the blinds to stake ratio is currently good. If he had been constantly limping and with a large V$IP then I may have gone for the raise to isolate or just take down his limp and the blinds. But theres plenty of play in the game and I'd be happy to play post flop with position.

Re: Tonights focus game - 2xKey Hands Why the big raise in hand 1 GaF? And after raising that much, you're left with 3910 to call to win a 10,600 pot. IMO you should take that every time with AKo (assuming your opponent isn't a complete rock who only ever plays the top 4 or 5 hands, anyway.)

Re: Tonights focus game - 2xKey Hands Hand B Washy has done in this hand what I think you should have done in the other. Called and took it down post flop. Tricky spot - You didn't want to see 2 players call when you open raise with Jacks !! With the 2.5 time raise are you hoping to take the blinds or see a flop ?? After the last hand you haven't really got much post flop play left in your stack - I always have washy down as being pretty TAG - I think as you that the bet says your beat. Although if your continually CBetting then Washy may have read it as just that. I think, as you say, I'm pushing all-in here preflop - If I get a caller OK I would expect to be ahead, and its in the hands of the Poker Gods