Newbury - 25/10/08

2.10 Nasri 9/2 cor 15 pts I would be quite keen on Jobe if this was say 6f but I worry about that one in the last furlong so go instead for Nasri. Nasri has been nothing but progressive of late since winning a maiden and then beating the same rival once again and in cosy fashion at the track. After that over 7f he ran another fine race in a huge sales race for which there are numerous pointers today as to how good that form will be with horses from that race running in breeders cups, maidens earlier on the card and at don in the group 1 there. I actually think it may well turn out to be a hot event and third place in a race as competitive as that is a really solid effort and puts him in with a good chance for this. 3.20 Danae 9/1 sky 7.5 pts e.w Been off the track for a long time but undoubtedly a horse of talent if not the odd wayward streak. Actually the lay off may not be a huge concern considering she was good enough to win fto this year in a classy success over melodramatic who is a filly of some class herself and is about listed standard so thats a good win. After that good hq win she went to leic. and ran another creditible race to be second. She has had a lay off since but with her trainer in good form and her general uncomplicated running style, I think she can run very well here for an unexposed horse. 3.55 Seradim 16/1 var 7.5 pts e.w Price looks too big here for me. Had four runs so far and in that sense more exposed than some but the quality of her runs shouldnt be overlooked at all. Wasnt disgraced in a group 3 at good and her effort lto reads very very well. That was in a listed race over 6f which given that she had already won at 7f, looked inadequate and so it proved with her staying on very well late on to place. However that form now looks very good. the winner now a group 1 winner, second has been second in a group 3, fourth group 3 winner/group 2 placed and given that I think she is overpriced today for this listed contest especially since she returns to 7f today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.