Cricket: Stanford Series

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series Stanford Superstars v Middlesex Most 6's by Stanford Superstars @2.00 Paddypower.com Middlesex have nothing but pride to lay for here however they have not been exactly gunho in the 6's dept' recording 2 v England & 3 v T & T. Stanford hit 6 x 6's in their only game so far v T & T. I expect Stanford to win this game and record most 6's and as the outright for Stanford is @1.50 the value as to be on them recording more 6's than Middlesex. :ok

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series There isn't much around tonight but I can't help but feel Dexter is overpriced especially if he's shoved up the order. 5pts ew N.Dexter Top Middlesex Batsman 9/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Neil Dexter top scored for Middlesex against Trinidad the other night and that opens up a lot of options. Middlesex could and probably should shove him up their order with it being pretty obvious that Ed Joyce is off to pastures new. A lot of this Middlesex lineup are struggling on this slow, tacky wicket. The Superstars have a pretty decent seam attack and good spinners so even if Dexter comes in down the order he's still likely to get a bat. With a bit to prove ahead of the Champions League which he may not be eligible for I'll have a go on Dexter to top score for a 2nd time this week and impress the IPL lot in the process.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series I'm gonna go with 2 in the big match. 10pts Stanford Superstars to beat England 6/5 Boylesports Here it is then. The winner takes all super match. There's gonna be 11 millionaires and 11 pissed off cricketers after this match. I think the Superstars have the edge on England here. No matter how much they want to deny it, England are here purely for one reason - money. The players want it, the ECB needs it but the Caribbean guys could well steal it from them. I love their relaxed attitude and sure they'll want the dosh too but all through this week they've had smiles on their faces and enjoyed the whole experience. That's something England haven't done. England have had a bug go through their team, a billionaire perving on their birds, a pitch and conditions which don't suit them at all and their captain Kevin Pietersen seems more and more agitated with each TV appearance. Looking at the match from a cricket point of view I think the Stanford Superstars are perfect for this wicket. They have 2 very good seamers in Powell and Taylor and Gayle and Mohammed are good spin options. With the bat, Gayle always fires when the big stage is around. Chanderpaul and Sarwan are both big match players while Andre Fletcher and Kieron Pollard have the fearlessness of youth. To be fair England have the personnel to win this but this is going to be extreme pressure and England tend to go into a shell when the pressure is on in limited overs cricket. This West Indies side will treat the pressure how they normally play and still go for the big hits. They've played the better cricket of the two for sure this week and I think they'll seal the week by keeping Stanford's dollars in the Caribbean. 10pts Under 3.5 dropped catches 5/6 Blue Square There's been a lot spoken about the lights and all that this week but in Thursday's game both sides were catching balls with no problem. Stanford said in the week the light problem would be sorted for this match so I can't see there being 4 catches dropped here. Everyone assumes that because the pressure is going to be intense that will automatically bring around dropped catches. It won't. There might be the odd difficult chance which goes down but I believe any skiers will get taken here. The stakes are so big that every skier will get 250% concentration. 4 dropped catches is a lot in any situation so I'll go under here.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series I thought we'd shit a brick and lose but I didn't think we'd get destroyed like that :eek. It just goes to show that you can change whatever you want in this England side. The captain, the coach, the batting lineup and everything else but when you put us in a pressure situation in limited overs cricket we shit a brick every single time. Saying that, the Superstars lived up to their names and were brilliant. 2 winners for me in the main match to salvage something from the week.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series

I thought we'd shit a brick and lose but I didn't think we'd get destroyed like that :eek. It just goes to show that you can change whatever you want in this England side. The captain, the coach, the batting lineup and everything else but when you put us in a pressure situation in limited overs cricket we shit a brick every single time. Saying that, the Superstars lived up to their names and were brilliant. 2 winners for me in the main match to salvage something from the week.
Thats just the thing, the people that did well (barring gayle) arent [/werent] even superstars. If stanford has done one thing good then it is allowing talented cricketers that have been overlooked by the West Indies setup to prove their worth to the world.