Cricket: Stanford Series

The Stanford series begins on Saturday night and culminates in the big match on November 1st when England and the Stanford Superstars play for $20m.

Saturday 25 October 2008Home Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Stanford Superstars v Trinidad & Tobago (22:30BST) 1.503.00Details »
Hide « Stanford Superstars v Trinidad & Tobago
Sunday 26 October 2008Home Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
England v Middlesex (22:30GMT) 1.503.2097.92 % Details »
Hide « England v Middlesex
Monday 27 October 2008Home Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Middlesex v Trinidad & Tobago (21:00GMT) 1.722.30101.37 % Details »
Tuesday 28 October 2008Home Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
England v Trinidad & Tobago (22:30GMT) 1.363.50101.90 % Details »
Hide « England v Trinidad & Tobago
Thursday 30 October 2008Home Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Stanford Superstars v Middlesex (22:30GMT) 1.612.62100.00 % Details »
Hide « Stanford Superstars v Middlesex
Saturday 1 November 2008Home Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Stanford Superstars v England (22:30GMT) 2.371.72100.00 % Details »
1st two matches probably won't yield many betting opportunities but the other four should. Stan James have drawn up some whole week markets which I might get stuck into to give me an interest in the 1st two matches but I'll wait and see if others price up before going in.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series The series kicks off tonight with the Stanford Superstars playing Trinidad & Tobago. I'll leave that match alone unless something appears tonight that I like. I'll take 3 outrights for the week though. 4pts T.Henderson Top Middlesex Series Batsman 8/1 Paddy Power 1pt ew T.Henderson Top Series Batsman 33/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 1,2,3,4) After what Tyron Henderson did at finals day this is a very big price on the South African. Even bigger when you consider that there's no Owais Shah for Middlesex this week. Sure they've signed Neil Carter who is sure to try and provide fireworks up the top of the order but his fireworks are mere damp squibs compared to what Henderson can do. He's already planted England's Steve Harmison all around Southampton over much bigger boundaries than he's going to face this week and showed that day what he can do with spin which the West Indian two sides look set to bombard the English sides with. Given his explosive style, if Henderson catches fire this week very few on any of the 4 sides will be able to peg him back. 4pts C.Gayle Top Stanford Superstars Batsman 11/4 Paddy Power As he showed in the 1st innings of the twenty20 world cup in South Africa, this format is made for Chris Gayle. If he clicks at the top of the order, and the potential is there for him too especially against the non international sides then he'll win this market hands down. Very few in the world let alone the Windies hit a ball as clean or as devastatingly as Chris Gayle does so if he gets going this will be a precession. This isn't the strongest batting lineup you'll see either without Marshall or Bravo. Chanderpaul is a danger but if Gayle occupies the crease anything like as long as Chanderpaul then Gayle will score too quick for Shiv and with very few other dangers looking likely I'll go with Gayle here.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series I was looking at having a bet in the most 6’s market but showers are forecast during the match tonight so I’ll just have a small MOM bet. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2pts C.Gayle Man of the Match 11/2 Coral

Gayle is easily the biggest scoring batsman on show tonight and as well as that but he has his off spin in his armoury too. You would imagine that of the three matches in this series this will be the one in which he’s more likely to tee off with success and immediately if he gets going the rest are playing catch up. I’ve looked down this Superstars lineup and of course Chanderpaul can produce fireworks but there aren’t many others other than Sarwan who are seriously consistent especially with Dwayne Bravo missing. Gayle has the advantage of being able to bowl and being captain and so I’ll have a small bet on him to be the MOM.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series Ta mate. Gayle didn't play tonight so that MOM bet was void. Luckily Chanderpaul didn't play either and Sarwan was out 1st ball so no damage done from the main 2 for the outright bet. Joseph top scored with 45 which is within Gayle's reach.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series Just a value play for me tonight. Nearly took 9 or under 6's because the ball doesn't come onto the bat but there's a wee bit too much batting power for me to be confident :lol. 10pts Middlesex to beat England 2/1 Ladbrokes Last night's showed us that these matches are going to be low scoring. The pitches here are really slow and that could well suit Middlesex as the ball won't be coming on so quickly which will probably suit Middlesex more than England. Then there's the spin twins for Middlesex, Kartik and Udal who are better than Swann and Patel. Henderson's slower balls will probably be pretty effective too. England will still be tough to beat but if Steve Harmison doesn't play then that's one weapon Middlesex won't have to encounter. Obviously Owais Shah will be a big loss for Middlesex but they've signed Neil Carter to try and counter that. The wicket itself suggests Middlesex are value at 2/1 but with Carter and Henderson in their side, if either or both get going for the Crusaders then they'll be sure to stick up a challenging total. Middlesex will have more twenty20 experience too so at 2/1 in what looks likely to be a low scoring game, for a value bet I'll go with Middlesex.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series Should be home Kev England 121 after 20 overs :unsure This is the most bizarre/peculiar start to a mini series ive seen, every catch is going down, some players are looking like pub stanford and if its not a full toss its unlikely its going out the ground.....If Stanford wanted to entertain everyone you would have thought a bit of pace in the pitch and a quicker outfield would have been handy. 130 is looking a decent score :lol

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series Trinidad and Tobago v Middlesex Going to go for the value here in Trinidad and Tobago as I think 2.74 is a good price. There is no value at all in backing Middlesex at 1/2, Imo that is a joke price. Watching bits of the England v Middlesex game last night and it doesn't look like many runs will be scored in these games. I thought maybe Middlesex could of chased that down last night but only maanged to post 109. They do have Hendersonnback which will be the boost for them. Trinidad and Tobago have a decent squad of players, Lost three of there players to Stanford Superstars which doesn't help, However I still think they could beat Middlesex and are worth a bet. T&T @ 2.74 Betfair

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series Middlesex Vs Trinidad & Tobago to get within 12 runs of the best players in the land, was no bad effort from Udal's men, naturally they will be disappointed at not chasing down a very moderate 122, the return of the crisp hitting Henderson will bolster the batting tonight, the bowling and fielding worked well against England,Karthick and Udal could turn the screw, T&T have lost three players to the Stanford team and bring in 3 youngster as replacements,think we'll see Middlesex take this one. Middlesex @1.54 b'fair.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series Middlesex v Trinidad & Tobago I am going to go for Trinidad & Tobago here as they were going great guns against The Stamford All Stars and were ahead after 15 overs! (Taken from BBc Sport Website) "After 15 overs we were ahead, so there were just a couple of areas to address and we might have developed some good momentum for the Middlesex game," said T&T captain Daren Ganga. They lost opener Lendl Simmons for a first-ball duck, caught behind off Taylor, but Justin Guillen made 31 and all-rounder Navin Stewart, who earlier took 2-33 during the Superstars innings, hit two sixes into the crowd to keep his side in the hunt. But after being dropped at deep mid-wicket off wrist spinner Dave Mohammed, Stewart was caught at long-on from the next delivery and when Guillen departed at the start of the following over, Trinidad & Tobago were left with too much to do. Trinidad & Tobago, the reigning Stanford 20/20 champions, gave debuts to four players despite the need to find form before their $400,000 challenge match against English county side Middlesex on Monday. "The squad against Middlesex will definitely be a bit different - we just needed to see some players in different roles. It was important to give them a chance. I thnik this is tighter than what the bookies are predicting and the reigning champs won't want to give up their title so easily! Also Guillen got the most runs in their last game and odds seem good! Trinidad & Tobago @2.62 Paddypower Top Trinidad & Tobago Runscorer - J Guillen @9.00 Paddypower :ok

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series 3 for me tonight. I can't be having T&T here. Very little batting and very little bowling. 2 months ago when this was 1st priced up I was happy to be all over T&T but they've lost 4 big players and I can't see how they can win on a turning pitch against Udal and Kartik. 10pts Middlesex -2.5wickets/9.5runs 3/4 Sportingbet Stakes are high in this game with the winners pocketing a nice £117,000. Surely if T&T or Mr Stanford had done their homework ahead of this game the last thing they would have asked for is a turning wicket. However that's exactly what they've got here and that plays massively into Middlesex's hands here with the quality spin of Shaun Udal and Murali Kartik. The only way England could score off Kartik last night was by him bowling no balls and I can't see how a much weakened T&T lineup can do any better. In Dawid Malan and Eoin Morgan, Middlesex have 2 of the better players of spin in this country although they won't be facing real quality spin although Samuel Badree isn't a bad bowler. Tyron Henderson and Neil Carter are the X-Factors with the bat and should either start teeing off this one is over. William Perkins carries a lot of T&T's hopes with the bat but this would be a hard task for the "home" side with a full strength side let alone this weakened one. Middlesex and Middlesex with a bit of a margin for me. 10pts Under 7 6's 7/4 Sportingbet I don't really need to say much here. The obvious bet in every single match this week is this one. 7 6's is a lot on this wicket. There were only 4 in last night's match and unless Henderson or Carter catch fire I don't see there being too many more. Some decent bowlers are on show and on a slow wicket which has less pace than a snail and even less bounce under 7 6's is the call here. 5pts ew D.Malan Top Middlesex Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Dawid Malan top scored on this wicket last night and has to have every chance again tonight. He's an exceptional player of spin who really enjoys and comes alive on the big stage. He'll bat at number 5 here unless Henderson goes above him but with T&T beginning the bowling with a leg spinner he could well be in fairly quickly anyway. Given how well Malan plays spin, Middlesex could shove him right up the order which would be a really good move. This young kid has lots of ability and lots of power and looks a great ew bet in this match.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series :dude

Middlesex v Trinidad & Tobago I am going to go for Trinidad & Tobago here as they were going great guns against The Stamford All Stars and were ahead after 15 overs! (Taken from BBc Sport Website) "After 15 overs we were ahead, so there were just a couple of areas to address and we might have developed some good momentum for the Middlesex game," said T&T captain Daren Ganga. They lost opener Lendl Simmons for a first-ball duck, caught behind off Taylor, but Justin Guillen made 31 and all-rounder Navin Stewart, who earlier took 2-33 during the Superstars innings, hit two sixes into the crowd to keep his side in the hunt. But after being dropped at deep mid-wicket off wrist spinner Dave Mohammed, Stewart was caught at long-on from the next delivery and when Guillen departed at the start of the following over, Trinidad & Tobago were left with too much to do. Trinidad & Tobago, the reigning Stanford 20/20 champions, gave debuts to four players despite the need to find form before their $400,000 challenge match against English county side Middlesex on Monday. "The squad against Middlesex will definitely be a bit different - we just needed to see some players in different roles. It was important to give them a chance. I thnik this is tighter than what the bookies are predicting and the reigning champs won't want to give up their title so easily! Also Guillen got the most runs in their last game and odds seem good! Trinidad & Tobago @2.62 Paddypower Top Trinidad & Tobago Runscorer - J Guillen @9.00 Paddypower :ok

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series Middlesex shit a brick towards the end there but Ramdin and Bravo batted nicely to win it. Well done all T&T backers. Only 6 6's in the match so that saved me from a really bad day :$. I bet Middlesex are delighted they signed Neil Carter:lol. He's pretty much cost them 2 matches on his own :loon.

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series

Middlesex shit a brick towards the end there but Ramdin and Bravo batted nicely to win it. Well done all T&T backers. Only 6 6's in the match so that saved me from a really bad day :$. I bet Middlesex are delighted they signed Neil Carter:lol. He's pretty much cost them 2 matches on his own :loon.
To be fair under proper lighting I think Middlesex would have won easily last night, Udal would certainly have took that catch that went for 6 that got them going near the end. Bumble's words summed it up for me "The ball is in the air, no one wants it" - I just feel sorry for the poor bugger who end ups dropping the big one on Saturday night, I dont think fielding first has ever been so important. :unsure

Re: Cricket: Stanford Series

To be fair under proper lighting I think Middlesex would have won easily last night, Udal would certainly have took that catch that went for 6 that got them going near the end. Bumble's words summed it up for me "The ball is in the air, no one wants it" - I just feel sorry for the poor bugger who end ups dropping the big one on Saturday night, I dont think fielding first has ever been so important. :unsure
I didn't so much mean the catches mate, although Carter doesn't have an excuse for his dropped catch. It was the Joyce misfield, the Malan misfield, the no ball 6. All poor cricket. Certainly wasn't blaming dropped catches. They're gonna be dropped all week. Isn't much anyone can do about the lights really so we'll just have to accept it. Agree T&T are value at that price but how interested will they be? Their week was all about last night wasn't it? I always maintain though that no team should be bigger than 2/1 in any twenty20 match such is the small margins by which they change. I'll go with one tonight. 10pts England most 6's 10/11 Blue Square England look decent things for the most 6's tonight. They've kept Luke Wright in their side and have replaced a potential 6 conceder in James Anderson with Graeme Swann. Steve Harmison returns and he's unlikely to go for many 6's. In fact, T&T only hit 2 maximums against the Stanford Superstars and only hit 3 against Middlesex last night. 2 of those last night came from a no ball and a catch which was palmed over the rope. The other was the last ball biff. England only hit two 6's against Middlesex but they took it remarkably easy. With this being the last warm up before Saturday's big game I expect England to tinker with their batting lineup and get those who didn't bat for long the other night to get some game time here. That includes Luke Wright and Samit Patel. Both good hitters in their own right but whichever order England bat in I expect them to outhit the Caribbean side.