Cheltenham ~ Sat 18/10/08

4.35 Cheltenham - Motorway It is a tricky period at the moment with all the horses coming from a break. All the handicaps are tough to solve and should just be watched for future winners. But I really like this one. Has won twice here, which for Cheltenham is very important. Has won three times in Newbury, which clearly means he likes galloping tracks. Loves good ground and this is his distance. Goes well fresh, has three wins after breaks. Very well handicaped imo, talanted 7lbs claimer puts him on a winning mark. Trainer in cracking form and double figure odds. This looks a fantastic e/w bet to me. 12/1 @ Betfred 11/1 @ Bet365 - BOG

Re: Cheltenham ~ Sat 18/10/08 Here's my take 2.20 I've noticed that the key to most of the Cheltenham h'cap hurdles are Hobbs', Nicholls, Twiston-Davies, O'Neill. These 4 dominate the hurdle races at the track (king also but doesnt have a runner). Fair Along, Pearl King, Pacha D'Oudaires, Bantry Bere, Thunder rock should produce the winner from the 16 entries. Of those 5 only Bantry Bere is a distance winner which may help. Fair Along is by far the best horse in the field & knows the course well. In 8 races here, ha only been out of 1st 3 once. Slight doubt over the distance as hasnt won this far before but Hobbs will have it fit no doubt. Best price is 5/1. Fair along win to beat Pacha D'Oudaires & Bantry Bere. 2.50 again following the top trainers, you end up with Asudo, Oh crick, Poquelin, French Saulaie. So narrowed it down to 4 this time from 11 runners. Asudo is the only non french bred horse, so will discount that one. Poquelin impressed me last time out & could be one of Nicholls decent horses this season, so thats my choice with Oh Crick chasing it home. Poquelin win to beat Oh Crick .....more to come

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.