Khl 18-19.10.2008

Ufa - MVD This is is a must-bet match for me. Ufa is probably the strongest ice hockey team in Europe these days. Odds are small for the home win so I would see a crushing victory over MVD, which is harmless when playing away. Betting verdict => home or over, both will do (10/10) Barys Astana - Dynamo Minsk Barys is coming home after 4 games away where they won only once (10.10. against Cechov). But all the oter 3 games were close battles, especially the one in Spartak`s ice (12.10). Nevertheless, Barys is a strong team, that plays well. They achieved some good results and even victories against top table teams. Dynamo is a clear outsider in these League. They have weakest defence and attack, so even in this match we could see more than 5 goals all together, because in average they concede 4 goalsand in their last 9 matches they scored in 8 games. Beting verdict => home or over, no doubt (9/10) AK Bars Kazan - Spartak Moscow Even though the bookmakers put Kazan in to a favourite side, I have a feeling, that this one is hard to predict. It may go either side. Spartak isn`t strong playing away, Kazan made their stadium a fortress in recent games, but still. Take a look at the goals statiscics of Spartak. They have the second weakest defence, but at the other side they have one of the most powerful attack. OK last games weren`t excelent, but still they managed to score. The same about the Bars. I see this match as a frenzy one, so the betting verdict is => over (9/10) Chimik - Dinamo Riga Two very similar sides meet today, as Chimik is second from the bottom, Riga currently at 14 of 24. To be honest, I dont see nothong to separate these two. Riga is stronger - generaly, but not when playing away. They are travelling away after 4 games playing home, but 3 last of them they lost. Only by a narrow margin, but still... Chimik is in a 6 row defeat record, so they will be eager to win this one against not so strong Dinamo. My vedict is home to win (including overtime and penalties) (7/10) :hope 19.10.2008 Ufa - Novgorod Well, well...Ufa is playing second match in 2 days, but again the oponent is one of the lower parts of the table. Novgorod lost previous 6 games away, Ufa should have no problems though. Recently Ufa won a home match against weak MVD but not as I predicted (by a big difference). Anyway the win was comfortable. What will fatigue leave on them...we´ll see :) I hope it wont be too heavy exhaustion....Ufa may fully concentrate on thos match, they have a free day in the next round of CHL. Novgorod conceded at leat 3 goals in all their away games so it s clear home victory. Betting verdict => Ufa to win in regular time (10/10) Magnitogorsk - Atlant Magnitogosk is playing a CHL match on 22.10. in Oulu and they would like to make some reslut there, so we may expect them not to concentrate on this one too much. Atlant is currently the leader of the KHL with a superb performance until now. Last game in Novokuzneck they managed to win only ater the penalties, but even that is the sign of a strong team spirit. Magnitogorsk is a bit behind their last season form, but still is keeping a nice 5th place. They won their last 4 matches and I think they want to win this one as well. But as I said before, they have to keep in mind also the upcoming CHL game in Finland. So hard to predict this one, even on under/over.... I think a draw or draw/Atlant is possible. (6/10) Lada - CSKA Both teams won and lost some matches in a quite unexpected way, so we can`t say that one of them is a favourite. Lately CSKA lost in Kazan and Lada won home against Cechov so based on this, LAda would like to beat CSKA as well, and oposite, CSKA wants to make some nice result in the away match as well. Current form, some mistakes and home crowd may play their role here, so if Lada makes most of it they should win. But I am very carefull about saying anything certain here. None of them have something special to lose,so we may see an open game with some goals hopefully. Betting verdict => over 5 goals, possibly home win incl. OT and Pen Niznekamsk - Cechov Cechov with the weakest defence in KHL (after 17 games 62 goals conceded!!) and with the harmless attack should be a snack for Neftekhemik Niznekamsk. They are getting into the rhytm now as they beat Spartak Moscow and Barys Astana recently at home ice. They performance is very oposite when playing home and away, so they fully rely on home matches when gaining points. And this is a must-win match for them, cos anything else will be a great dissapointmemt. I think Niznekamsk will score at leat 4 or even more goals, possibly getting some, so betting verdict is => over 5 goals + clear home vistory. (9/10) :hope