Newmarket ~ Sat 18/10/08

The Darley Dewhurst Stakes is quite fascinating, as massive market favourite Rip Van Winkle has a lot to prove according to almost all of the major newspaper tipsters. How often do you see only one tip for a 5/4 favourite? Anyways, I tend to agree with the majority and say I would rather stick needles in my eyes than back him. There are plenty of others to fancy - Ashram, Shaweel (very overpriced at 12/1) and Lord Shanakill, but my personal preference is for Intense Focus (25/1) who has finally got the ground he needs over what should be a strongly run 7f.

Re: Newmarket 18/10/08 3.50 BULWARK 50/1 E/W Seems to me his Chester win has went down as a bit of a fluke but i don't thing so ran well when 4th on next run then upped in class for his last two outings and although is high in the weights here i would not be shocked to see a big run and can get involved in the places at least. 3.50 TALENTI 80/1 E/W May just be the dark horse in the race less exposed than most. Had been running over hurdles for current trainer since joining from the O'Brien camp then had a run at Notts in a C3 and ran a nice race to be 3rd at 33's. This is harder but freshened since that race may well be the surprise package in the race.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.