** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Place Market in Horse Racing

Guest Almasy27

Guest Almasy27

Hi all I have been following horse racing for the past 6 months and I have noticed (gathered some statistics) that a lot of favourites manage to at least PLACE. I do not have an actual percentage but I have recorded several PLACE winning streaks of at least 8 or more, to be broken by maybe a couple of losses and than start another winning streak. Here is an example of a sequence of bets from yesterday (Saturday 1 Feb 03). Actually, for yesterday I had two lists because there where so many meetings. Place Bet Time Course Horse Odds Won/Loss 1340 Weth        Grey Abbey        2.04         l 1355        Sthl AW        Mulan Princess        1.65         w 1415        Weth        Talarive                1.50         w 1425        Sthl AW        Kylkenny                1.30         w 1430        Sand        Tarxien        1.43 w 1450        Weth        Keen Leader        1.40         w 1500        Sthl AW        Mr Gisby         1.64         w 1510        Ling AW        Courageous Duke        2.02         l 1525        Weth        Rhinestone Cowboy1.14         w 1535        Sthl AW        Lady Birgitta        2.12         l 1545        Ling AW        Let Me Try Again        1.27         w 1605        Uttox        Supreme Toss        1.16         w 1615        Sand        Saitensohn        1.10         w I am fairly new to horse racing. And I was wandering whether the above can be used in some sort of system which produces a constant profit. Does anyone use Place markets with some form of Martingale? Comments appreciated.

Guest Almasy27

Place Market in Horse Racing If it's not very clear, the sequence is l w w w w w w l w l w w w If you use Martingale at $25 a win thats $250 in a day.

Guest mad4bets

Re: Place Market in Horse Racing shhhhhh,Dont mention the M word(M for Martingale!!),That staking system is the short road to financial disaster and will NOT work unless u have the financial reserves of Donald Trump;) and a good strike rate. I to have been looking at placed horses and i'm gonna have a go with them when i've looked at it more. Good luck with your system,But remember staking plans that increase stakes after a loss will not turn a losing system in to a winning one unless u have unlimited capital.