FullTilt Matrix SnGs

GaF

Sounds interesting.....

Enter the Matrix Enter the Matrix − a new, higher level of poker. 4 Sit & Gos, 9 players, 1 tournament - it’s unlike any other poker game you’ve ever played before and you won’t find it anywhere else. With all sizes of buy-in offered, everyone can learn to play the Matrix. Matrix tournaments are unlike any tournament you’ve ever played before. When you enter a Matrix tournament you’ll sit down to four Sit & Gos simultaneously—against the exact same players at each table. matrix-4tables.jpg On top of competing for victory at each table, you’ll be rewarded for overall performance in the tournament as a whole in the form of Matrix points. You’ll score points for every player that you knockout and for every player that you outlast on each table. Most importantly, when the last table is finished, the players who’ve earned the highest Matrix scores will be paid out for their overall performance. Claim victory at all four tables to become the Dominatrix and scoop the entire Matrix prize pool! Full Tilt Poker is the only place you can play a tournament like this – check out the full details and prepare to enter the Matrix.

Re: FullTilt Matrix SnGs Matrix Tournaments - Details Full Tilt Poker’s Matrix Tournaments are unlike anything you’ve ever experienced; when you enter a nine-player Matrix 4x Sit & Go Tournament -

• You’ll play the same 8 players on 4 different tables simultaneously
  • There is a Sit & Go prize pool for each table
  • Your overall performance will also be scored and paid out from a Matrix Tournament prize pool
How It Works In a nine-player Sit & Go, you face eight opponents and play down to the final player. It’s the same in a nine-player Matrix tournament, except that you’ll face the exact same eight opponents on four different tables simultaneously. Each individual table will play down to the last player, with the final three places at each table paying out just like a Sit & Go. In a Matrix Tournament, the standard prize pool will be broken down to include payment for overall performance as well. Prize Pool and Scoring matrix-lobby.jpg In the case of a nine-person, $10 + $1 Matrix tournament, the total prize pool will be $90. This is divided evenly into a prize pool for each of the four tables and the overall Matrix prize pool: matrix-prizes.jpgIndividual Tables Each individual table will pay out for the final three positions, just like a normal Sit & Go. In the case of a nine-player, $10 + $1 Matrix tournament, each individual table will have an $18 prize pool, paying out $9, $5.40, and $3.60 for 1st through 3rd places, respectively. Scoring Players will earn one Matrix point for each opponent they outlast (Survival Points) and two points for every player they knockout at each table (Knockout Points). Each player’s points for individual tables will be listed by match under SCORE BY MATCH in the Tournament Lobby. Total points for the entire tournament will be listed under MATRIX SCORE. Matrix Score Point totals for a player’s Matrix score will also be listed in the tournament lobby in three categories:
  • Earned: this is the combined total of Survival Points and Knockout Points from each of a player’s four tables
  • Max: this is the maximum number of points that can be achieved if a player earns every remaining Knockout Point and Survival Point on each of the tables where they are still playing
  • Projected: this is the estimated total Matrix score for a player and the best way to see where they stand at that moment

Please see the Matrix rules page for more details on Matrix scoring. The Dominatrix Prove your poker supremacy by claiming victory at all four tables and become the Dominatrix. If you have the skills to take down all four tables you’ll be rewarded not only with the top prize for winning each individual table, you’ll scoop the entire Matrix prize pool! How to Register Follow these steps to register for a Matrix tournament:

1. Open the Full Tilt Poker game software
  2. Click the "Sit & Go" tab
  3. Click the "All" or "Matrix" tabs in the Sit & Go lobby and look for tournaments with the “M” symbol next to them
  4. Find the Matrix tournament of your choice and click the blue “Register Now” button

matrix-how-to-register.jpg When you’re ready for the next generation in tournament action, enter the Matrix.

Re: FullTilt Matrix SnGs 3rd in my first one :sad Crazy games and intense tactics trying to work out who you should play against and who you shouldn't (I think slapdash will meltdown when he tries them :tongue2) I think I struggled on 2 counts: 1) Going well in all 4 to start off with - both players above me went out first in one of the games - as we got shorthanded and I was still in all 4 I was really struggling..... 2) My natural game means I'll never get many KO points - need to work on that for these..... f_20081014Matm_6485336.gif

Re: FullTilt Matrix SnGs I think they're different - you/we need to learn the tactics and strategy - they're more like the "Headhunter" tournaments because there's a large weighting on KO others. Theoretically, I think they should reduce variance - however you can only play one at a time - if you can 4 table comfortably, then you can probably play 4xSTTs :unsure So a direct comparison would be a $20 game in this, against 4x$5 STTs I think :unsure I finished last in my second one (I went up to a $2 game which I noticed was the same rake as the $1 game!)

Re: FullTilt Matrix SnGs The other important strategic consideration I hadnt considered was the payout structure ..... 80% of the money is paid out in the individual STTs and only 20% is paid out in the overall matrix (which seems a tad strange to me :unsure) - so optimal strategy probably isnt too far from playing each STT as an individual game :unsure

Re: FullTilt Matrix SnGs Laying down the challenge to PL'rs - who can be the first to get a screenshot (of them ;)) in one of these with 4 wins? :loon Remember there are 6 seaters too.....pure random chance would be (1/6)*(1/6)*(1/6)*(1/6)=0.08% or 1 in every 1296 attempts :loon I think it could be harder than that cos if you're heads up in 4 games at the same time, it'll be tough.....

Re: FullTilt Matrix SnGs

Yes' date=' but strategy has nothing to do with it: I [b']always meltdown when I try to play more than two tables simultaneously! :loon Guess I'll have to give it a try, though ... :sad
I think my comment was before I realised that the matrix payout was only 20% - being so low, the strategy is quite straightforward - standard STT play I think.....

Played my first and last one last night (6 seater)' date=' 3 seconds and a 3rd plus knockouts for second place overall. Even an adrenalin junkie like me found that hard going.[/quote'] I'm possibly the world's worst multi-tabler, but I didn't find it too bad. It certainly seemed significantly easier than multi-tabling four tournaments with different blind levels and opponents. I see that as well as NLHE, they have PL O8, FL O8 and HORSE versions. Anybody had a go at these? For real men, they should run them with one table of each!

For real men, they should run them with one table of each!
Or stagger the start of the HORSE events - maybe a new table 75% of the way through the first level of each new table - with staggered starts it could be played over 6, 10 or 12 tables :tongue2

Re: FullTilt Matrix SnGs I've played five of these so far (one at $2 and four at $5), and I'm $0.85 down at the moment. They are good fun, but I think I'll reserve them for small stakes when I have an hour or so to kill and don't feel like playing anything more serious. I definitely feel I play a lot worse than usual until I'm down to the last two tables. I've noticed that so far "Happy Slapdash" and "Confused Slapdash" seem to be doing a lot better than "Angry Slapdash" and "Normal Slapdash". :tongue2