Best bet of the day 14th Oct

after much searching at Huntingdon, decided on this one: 3.30 Huntingdon BILLIE MAGERN Brother to high class chaser Ollie Magern will no doubt have a future in this game, finished 2nd to a decent pipe horse on its first outing over hurdles 2 weeks ago & will stay further than this, so no problem with the step up in trip again. Wont be a great price but should get past these & in my opinion only has the top weight to beat.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th Oct 3.10 Leicester Gyr Being dropped down 2 classes and has beaten the favourites before and I reckon he'll be able to do it again here today. Not the greatest jockey on board but was unlucky last time out as he couldn't find the gap. With less racers lets hope he can and stride towards to the finish Prices are at 7/1 now..

Re: Best bet of the day 14th Oct 3.20 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Newcastle<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Twelve Steps finished a fair 3rd behind Van Bossed last year when with Paul Cole. He is now with Alan Swinbank, who does well around here (14-71 - 19.7 %). This son of Diktat confirmed his liking for soft ground when scoring over this distance at Thirsk recently and although he disappointed LTO at Leicester, he was up in class that day and lumped a 6 lb penalty on his back. He was held up towards the rear and running on soft ground could not get himself into the places (closely matched with Artsu), but prior to that, when he tracked the leaders at Thirsk, he did manage to win. Although 8 lbs higher than his last win he's a lightly raced 3 yo so there could be more to come if he races more prominently. 12/1 Blue Sq 1 pt win.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th Oct 3.00 Huntingdon - She's Humble Would have been at least 2nd lto if not unseating her rider. It was a very unlucky incident, because the horse jumped well and the fallen rider in front of her caused the unseating. I give her a great chance today. The fav shouldn't be that short. He was beaten by Monzon lto, who She's Humble would have beaten more than 30 lengths last time. I make the chances of those two equal today and can't understand why McCoy is 6/4 and mine is 6/1. Definitely a good value here!

Re: Best bet of the day 14th Oct L5.10 Lunar Promise 0.5pt E/W From a trainer/jokcey combo who are well worth a second look. Good recent form and may be very well drawn in stall 1 in this softish ground. Looks sure to run its race with conditions in its favour so the 12/1 looks a decent price.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th Oct 4.40 Leicester - MORESCO (1pt Win) Hugely promising run first time out when finishing 4th in a decent Sandown maiden. Stayed on well that day after running green and looks certain to come on a ton for it. Is probably going to be better over further in time but ought to be good enough to win this if coming on for that debut performance. Very highly regarded by the Swinburn team and should go very close.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th Oct Leic 3.10 Absent Pleasure 1 pt win. Its the second run which really speaks strongly here. Stepping up on his first run, he won beating what has turned out to be a classy field. The second huntdown bolted up afterwards and was third in a group 1, third was a big sales race winner and the forth adorn won so easily on the a/w afterwards and then ran really well in a group 1 at hq, indeed possibly only inexperience cost her doing better that day. Not surprisingly he was quite well fancied in a hq nursery but the draw went against him then and by the time he made up the ground with the amain pack, he had used up a lot of energy and was to fade late on having looked a real threat. The trainer thinks a fair bit of this one as he had him in the group 1 on arc day until very late on and i think he can show some of that class today.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th Oct Huntingdon 2.30 - Terramarique - Win Only CD winner in the field, acts on good to firm ground. In fact he's won 6 out of 8 times he's run with 'good to firm' as the ground description. He's won 2 out of 2 at Huntingdon and 2 out of 3 at todays trip. Goes particularly well when fresh, has won before off long lay-offs. Todays 400-odd days since last run is a bit of a worry but he has been backed into favouritism this morning so that suggests he's fit. Running off 105 today which would be a career high over hurdles, but has won off 107 over fences.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th Oct 330 Hunt: Answer Me Looks a two horse race on all known form and depending on which way you interpret the form of the fav's run at Southwell will decide your choice. My opinion is that Billy Magern ran ok in a poor race and was easily brushed aside by a fair animal, he looks a stayer and a chaser and i just wonder if this quicker ground on a fast track will suit him. Answer Me ran well on this surface in a bumper and has run respectably on both hurdle starts on much softer ground, taking on one or two decent early types. He finished in front of Diablo at Stratford and that is far more respected in the stable than Billy Magern at this stage so the selection has to be Answer Me at the prices.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th Oct 4.30 Huntingdon: Scots Dragoon Disappointing LTO over fences over 3m1f at Southwell when expected to make progress after encouraging reappearance run time before. Slight drop in trip should help and likely to leave that last run behind today with stable hitting some solid form. Gets on well with this jockey and reappearance run was round this course (has won here on hurdles track too) - my idea of the winner. WIN

Re: Best bet of the day 14th Oct

Huntingdon 2.30 - Terramarique - Win Only CD winner in the field, acts on good to firm ground. In fact he's won 6 out of 8 times he's run with 'good to firm' as the ground description. He's won 2 out of 2 at Huntingdon and 2 out of 3 at todays trip. Goes particularly well when fresh, has won before off long lay-offs. Todays 400-odd days since last run is a bit of a worry but he has been backed into favouritism this morning so that suggests he's fit. Running off 105 today which would be a career high over hurdles, but has won off 107 over fences.
:clap nice one mate, i only managed to get the 7/2 price, drifted out to 9/2 in the end :sad

Huntingdon 2.30 - Terramarique - Win Only CD winner in the field, acts on good to firm ground. In fact he's won 6 out of 8 times he's run with 'good to firm' as the ground description. He's won 2 out of 2 at Huntingdon and 2 out of 3 at todays trip. Goes particularly well when fresh, has won before off long lay-offs. Todays 400-odd days since last run is a bit of a worry but he has been backed into favouritism this morning so that suggests he's fit. Running off 105 today which would be a career high over hurdles, but has won off 107 over fences.
Well done mate, absolutely coasted in. :cheers

3.00 Huntingdon - She's Humble Would have been at least 2nd lto if not unseating her rider. It was a very unlucky incident, because the horse jumped well and the fallen rider in front of her caused the unseating. I give her a great chance today. The fav shouldn't be that short. He was beaten by Monzon lto, who She's Humble would have beaten more than 30 lengths last time. I make the chances of those two equal today and can't understand why McCoy is 6/4 and mine is 6/1. Definitely a good value here!
unlucky mate! :sad

Top work again Trotter :clap, won by 9 l :loon

4.30 Huntingdon: Scots Dragoon Disappointing LTO over fences over 3m1f at Southwell when expected to make progress after encouraging reappearance run time before. Slight drop in trip should help and likely to leave that last run behind today with stable hitting some solid form. Gets on well with this jockey and reappearance run was round this course (has won here on hurdles track too) - my idea of the winner. WIN
nice one mate! :ok:ok

4.30 Huntingdon: Scots Dragoon Disappointing LTO over fences over 3m1f at Southwell when expected to make progress after encouraging reappearance run time before. Slight drop in trip should help and likely to leave that last run behind today with stable hitting some solid form. Gets on well with this jockey and reappearance run was round this course (has won here on hurdles track too) - my idea of the winner. WIN
Well Done 9/4 winner quite easy :clap:clap

Well done....good pick !......:nana

unlucky mate! :sad
Not really. Fair result. The fav won easily. Made a bad error 2 out, but still cruised home. The one thing I didn't take under consideration was the fact that the McCoy mount was a fair flat performer rataed in the 90s. But as I mentioned, it was a pure value bet. 6/1 was a real steal and not sure what the place prices were, but earlier I think I saw 2.2 which was a great price. Well done guys, some nice winners and especially cc. I made Scots Dragon a lay myself, won very easily :clap