Wolverhampton (eve) 10/10/08

7.20 I put Dance the Star up a couple of runs back when he ran at Kempton but he didn't get a clear run and finished a disappointing 5th of 11. I ignored him for his next run not because he unplaced that day, but because he was in an apprentices race, which I rarely touch. Anyway, he won well under Marc Halford and because that win was in an apprentices race, his mark remains the same today (in fact he runs off a lesser mark as Halford claims 3 lbs). Although the race wasn't anything special he had shown potential prior to that and finished 3rd to Top Lock (3rd in the German Derby and rated 110) on his debut at Kempton so there could be plenty more to come. 6/4

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 10/10/08 6.50 Mischief Lady 10/1 var bog 7.5 pts e.w Difficult one here because Im keen on this ones chances but I am a bit concerned about the yard. They have been quiet of late and they had a few disappointments yesterday including mujaadel but then again their horse in the group race ran ok and they had a 25/1 shot come fourth so it wasnt disasterous although it some concern atm. However I like the profile of this one who comes from the ouija board family and hence this longer trip really could be the making of her. She has been running over shorter which I just never really saw as suiting, she sometimes ran ok, staying on a couple of times including quite well on debut in what was a good race that received several form boosts and even lto over 1m, today though I can see 10f suiting further and an interesting runner. I wrote that last week about this when it was a non runner. Since then the trainer has had some winners which only adds to the confidence and looks to have solid place claims at least.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.