Exeter 08/10/08

cc75

2.20 Exeter: Sunnyhill Boy Into handicap company for the first time today after showing up nicely in a couple of novice hurdles. LTO over a (short enough) trip of only 2m1f, however the first of those was over 2m4f at Doncaster (good to soft) where finished 4th. 5th & 6th home that day went on to win twice each subsequently and the 5th placed horse Fresh Winter went on to win from a mark of 125. Back up to what appears a more suitable trip and with a starting mark today of only 108, even if the selection didn't show any of the expected improvement, should be in the mix in this race IMO. Stable among the winners at the weekend too so goes down as my pick of the day. WIN at 3/1 (various)

Re: Exeter 08/10/08 4.50 Quaddick Lake 5/2 tote 15 pts For my first bet Im going to exeter in what looks a decent novice race. The Hobbs runner Copper Bleu has already won a point and a bumper in Ire before another promisng effort in the aintree bumper last year so he clearly is an interesting propsect and a potential danger. However my selection Quaddick Lane also won a point and his first run last year over hurdles makes him a major player for this. He was upsides Snap Tie at the last at Chelt before falling and looked certain to give him a real race if not beat him. Thats the same Snap Tie who went onto be a classy third in the supreme at the festival on ground that wasnt completely ideal so it is form that reads so well. After that run it is true that he disappointed twice and was beaten a log way on both ocassions. However I just wonder if the break would have done him some good and perhaps more sharp now. Certainly he can go well fresh and if he can recapture that Snap Tie form it will take a good one to beat him.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.