Poker Tracker 3

Wasn't sure where to put this thread :unsure Part tech help and part strategy (lossely I think questions 2 and 3 are strategy related :)) I have PT3 now and it is causing me problems..... 1) Every time I have downloaded, I use it once then the 2nd time I open it this message appears and renders it useless :@ "Unable to login to database (PT3DB). Reason: server closed this connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request" Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ?? 2) Once I get it working what are the key ways to use it (for a beginner) to help identify strengths and weaknesses in my game and others ?? 3) What should I look for in the HUD to help my play during a tourney ?? :ok

Re: Poker Tracker 3 1) DOnt know I'm afraid - but try PokerTracker support - they're very good and fast :ok 3) I seriously question the utility of Pokertracker for tourneys - tourneys are dynamic and players MUST adjust their play as they move through a tourney - it's extremely difficult to know (within the software) where someone is at and what adjustments they're making to their current situation :unsure I believe there are some developments whereby reports can utilise stack size info - dont think there is anything useful there yet though. Personally I only use PT for cash games. 2) For live help on others - the most important stats are pre flop and VP$IP (Voluntarily put money in pot) to measure how tight or loose they are and PFR (Pre Flop Raises) to see how aggressive/passive they are. For analysing your own play - to start with you need a decent sample size - I would say not less than 10,000 (cash) hands - then there's a great post on 2+2 which takes you step by step through an analysis - I'll put a link up later :ok