Announcing

runadrum

Are there any rules about announcing your hand while players are still to act ? Two players on different tables did it a lot in the PokerPlayer freeroll on BSq tonight and not once did they have the hand they claimed. Is that the point - it is ok if it is a lie ? :unsure

Re: Announcing the examples I saw they were very much active and presume trying to invoke a fold in the final example the guy went all-in with several still to act and announced he had KK, only to be called by a player who did have KK and the announcer had K6h

Re: Announcing I don't think all sites have the same rules, and I'm not sure what BSq's are, but a lot of sites have a blanket rule against chat intended to influence another player's action during a hand. (PokerStars ... at least I think it was them ... ban it unless you're heads up, or heads up in a hand in a cash game or winner-takes-all tournament. That quite impressed me, as whether you like the rule or not, it shows that they've thought quite deeply about the reason for the rule.) I've heard "It's OK to say what your cards are so long as you're lying" before, but I've never been sure whether those are really the rules in some tournaments or whether it's just an urban myth.