Ayr 2/10/08

2.55 Ayr I put Acclaben up for his last run at Redcar. I backed him with a bit of hope that day because Swinbank stepped him up to a mile even though he wasn't certain to get it on breeding - he's a son of Acclamation. However, the handicapper let him in off a mark of 63 that day which could have been generous bearing in mind he had Colerton Choice behind at Thirsk and that rival has improved no end since going handicapping, picking up races off 70 and 77. I didn't watch the race that day but followed the text commentary on the Racing Post site and from what they said, Acclaben travelled well for much of the way and was right in the mix as they approached the final few furlongs. Although he didn't stay that far, this trip should be more suitable, and the fact he drops down into a field of 9, as opposed to 20 last time out, and has been eased 3 lbs in the handicap, should also boost his chances. Scenic Pass and Doric Echo carry the best form into the race. The former was only just over a length off Count Paris at Hamilton in a nursery and the latter had won a claimer and a seller before putting in a decent effort last time out in a the same Hamilton nursery in which she split Count Paris and Doric Echo. Nevertheless, Acclaban receives 9 lbs from both of those rivals here and I think she is worth an each-way bet at the price. Although she isn't proven on heavy going, neither are any of the other 8 that face the starter here. 7/1 Sky Bet EW.

Re: Ayr 2/10/08 2:20 - Stoneacre Chris I have put Stoneacre Chris up a few times now and she has not run upto the standard I thought she would, However she does look a huge price at 16/1, She has some decent form at Ayr, Two runs and two places. Not sure how she will handle the ground but im willing to follow her again as I believe she has a win in her. Kelly Harrison on board who rode one of those places at Ayr. @ 16/1 Ladbrokes (Each-way)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.