Market Rasen ~ Sun 28/09/08

mileni4uk

Re: Market Rasen ~ Sun 28/09/08 4.00

Nosferatu - I backed this one last year when it won a novices hurdle at Wetherby and I like this trainer/jockey combo. Won over 24f that day so todays trip isn't too dissimilar and shaped as though today's trip would suit when failing to stay 3 miles at Haydock last time out. 5/1 Ppower BOG

Kercaballec - I remember this one from a trip to M'Rasen last year and the old boy ran well and won under a penalty in a handicap chase. He has a fantastic record at this course with four chase wins, including one over this distance, so today's trip should be within his capabilities.

If this was a sprinter on the flat there is no way I'd back it after a 538 day break, but I don't know whether that matters as much in the NH scene??? The reason I'm not ignoring it despite that massive absence is because the likes of Sea Wall (McCoy's mount) and Kentmere (tissue 9/2 fav) also have massive absences to overcome but are much shorter in the betting.

Slight doubts regarding the ground (may prefer it a little softer) and an 'unfashionable' trainer and apprentice mean it is priced up at 33/1 (Sport Bet) but I'm having a little nibble because of its liking for the track.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.