Ascot 28/9

Spooner

14:05 - Young Mick I have been backing Young Mick again for a while now, He came back into some good form and then disappointed last time out at kempton on the all weather but im willing to ignore that run. He has some good form at Ascot over this trip, A c&d winner here. Proven in this class. Im going to give him one last shot here today. @ 5/1 Betfred 14:40 - Sixties Icon I think Sixties Icon can complete a hat-trick of wins here today, He is the best horse in the race and with form to back it up. I don't see what is going to beat him, Lion Sands has some decent form and you could expect him to chase Sixties Icon home. Trip and ground will be fine for Sixties Icon. Dettori on board and he really should get him 1st past the post today. @ 6/4 Betfair 15:15 - Balthazaars Gift I wrote this about Balthazaars Gift last time out: 'Balthazaars Gift has had a good year again this year, Been running really well. Ran on well last time out finishing 2nd at Newmarket in a decent class 1, Beat some good horses that day. Ran in this race last year for the second time, finished 3rd which was a decent effort. Quite fancy this one at a price.' Now he ran a poor race last time out and im not sure whether something was wrong or he was just simply not up to it, He has good form at Ascot, a c&d winner and im willing to give him another shot today at the same sort of price. @ 14/1 Ladbrokes (Each-way) 15:50 - Johnmanderville Johnmanderville won well last time out beating Russian George in a Nursery Handicap, That was the first time he raced over 7f which is the trip today. I think the favourite could be one to take on here, Johnmanderville will find it hard after rising 4lb in weight but I think he is worth a small each way bet at the price. I will side with Johnmanderville who looks progressive. @ 14/1 Stan James BOG (Each-way) 16:25 - Tungsten Strike Im going to have a little e/w play on Tungsten Strike in this race, This doesn't look the easiest race to solve. Alot of horses have good course & distance form including Tungsten Strike. He does like this two mile trip and the ground should be in his favour today. With only 8 runners and 3 to be placed, I rate this a decent each-way bet. @ 6/1 Stan James BOG (Each-way) 17:00 - Gold Sovereign Another hard race to solve here, Many in with chances and I will go for Godolphin's runner to win this. He has some solid form in previous runs, Finished 2nd last time out to Virtual in a class 2 handicap at Doncaster. One run at Ascot over this trip where he ran ok in the Shergar Cup. Tough race as I said but Gold Sovereign has a good chance. @ 3/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Ascot 28/9 3.50 Ascot

13 runners are set to go to post for this class 4 nursery handicap over 7 furlongs. The one that interests me is Kevin Ryan’s Cook’s Endeavour. Ryan’s colt was always going to be up against it when facing the likes of recent Gimcrack winner Shaweel, Awinnersgame and recent Group 2 winner Lord Shanakill on his York debut. Although he finished a well beaten 8th there was plenty of money for him that day and was entitled to have needed the run.

His next run came at Nottingham in another maiden, and he showed improvement to finish 3rd, beaten by four and a half lengths by the winner Zuzu, who franked the form by picking up a stakes race at Leicester when last seen. The 2nd, Master Rooney was very well supported recently for a Redcar maiden (although didn’t win), but the form received further boosts from the 4th, who was half a length behind Cook’s Endeavour, and picked up a handicap off 70 at Haydock subsequently.

His third run came in a Leicester maiden and he was challenged inside the final furlong by Nasri but held on to win by a head. That rival looks well bred and won on his handicap debut off 83 last week. The 3rd, Aladdin’s Lamp, was a further 5 lengths behind the leading pair but has shown promise too since going handicapping. He was mugged on the line by Nizhoni Dancer on his handicap debut at Leicester but then gained compensation with a facile win at Kempton next time out off a mark of 62.

Cook’s Endeavour made his handicap debut in a nursery at Doncaster last time out running off a mark of 79. He finished 3rd, a head behind Mister Dee Bee, who re-opposes today on identical terms. The closely matched pair were a length and a half off the winner, Ballantrae who picked up that handicap off a mark of 83. Go Go Green, about 7 lengths behind Cook’s Endeavour, went into the race off the back of a handicap win off 73 so together, I think the form lines with Nasri and Ballantrae inparticular suggest she could go in today with conditions more in her favour. 11/2 SJ BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.