Haydock 26/9

Spooner

16:20 - Stringsofmyheart Stringsofmyheart looks to have a great chance to get back to winning ways here, Pulled up last time out and her form hasen't been the best of late, However the one notable thing is Holland is on board today and he has a great record on her. Six runs and three wins on her which is quite impressive. She has shown she is capable of winning and this wouldn't take alot to win. @ 6/4 Bet365 [b.O.G]

Haydock 26/9/08 3.10 Haydock It's very rare I bet in maidens because they generally seem to be won by horses from the first three in the market and mostly by favs around evens - not really my cup of tea. However, Oasis on Island is asking to be backed here priced up at a massive 18/1 (Blue Square). Horses with previous racecourse experience tend to dominate maidens don't they, but only five of the ten here that face the starter have such experience. Sunniva Duke finished an encouraging 4th on his debut at Goodwood and would be the sensible choice. 5/4 is too short for me to get involved though when its only raced once before. All Spin finished close up to Brae Hill at Windsor which is a decent bit of form for this contest, but he had shown little prior to that. The market prices Piccolo Express at 100/1 and after his two efforts to date its easy to see why. Winning Band was well beaten in a Yarmouth maiden and although it hails from Brian Meehan's yard, none of those that finished around her have run since so its hard to assess the form. The rest of the runners are debutants and could be anything. However, Oasis on Dream is one of Bryan Smart's, and his yard have a reputation for readying newcomers. His record in 2 yo races this year is only 1-15 which is poor for his standards, but the yard as a whole seem to be in OK form so at 18/1 I'm taking a chance because he looks okay on breeding - he's by a triple Group 1 winner over this distance at two - Oasis Dream. 18/1 Blue Sq EW

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.