BACK TESTING DATA - OPINIONS NEEDED

Guest smudge

Guest smudge

i have been running a system for a while now which seems to looking quite good and i want to back test the system over the entire season. the trouble is i place a significant emphasis on PPG [points per game] won by the home/away team over the course of the season/last 8 games/last 5home/away games - basically the data you can get from football365. trouble is i cannot get this retro data to back test my system and looks like i will be producing it myself over the summer. now - would this interest anybody else? i have a sample loaded here: arsenal for arsenal. the focus is on the PPG for now but i could add GFA + GAA [goal for and against] averages if that receives interest! let me know if this could be of interest now or in the future! if it goes down well i will try and make the data more dynamic allowing easier collection! ---edit---- NEW VERSION NOW UPLOADED! cheers

Guest MIWAYNE

Re: BACK TESTING DATA - OPINIONS NEEDED Hi smudge. Looks interesting so far. Have you visited joe's footy data site? : football-data.co.uk Back testing many ideas is made very easy with these stats. Best of luck. Is your idea based solely over ppg across varying lengths of time for each team?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.