The Heads Up Thread

Nade

Re: The Heads Up Thread I dont think min betting in HU is so bad :unsure Indeed it's just about the only situation I can think of where I feel it's ok to do :unsure (though I'm talking pre flop from the SB/Button - just seen you're talking post flop - agreed - that's bad ;) )

Re: The Heads Up Thread I can see min betting post flop as a good strategy if used in small doses as it's the cheapest way possible to get your opponent to fold if they play fit or fold, but to do it every time they get to a flop and turn is bizarre. Another advantage to it is by minbet then calling a re-raise on flop and/ or turn the strength of their hand is really disguised meaning they can get good value from a river bet but if they've gone to the turn then they always have the goods so calling is usually bad vs them. Unfortunately i'm running pretty/very bad over the last day but before it's been so easy to take these guys to value town over and over and over again. The problem for these min bet dudes is it's very hard to define the strength of their opponents hands. Basically by min betting they give the advantage to their opponents as their hands become well defined on a lot of boards/ situations whereas they never define their opponents hands so turn into big calling stations. The more i think about this min betting strategy the more it intrigues me, not that i would try it because it seems like the anti christ of poker really, it's just like playing like a Bot and not poker but i'm going to analyse it a lot more so i can combat their play a lot more effectively.

Re: The Heads Up Thread So they disguise the strength of their hand but also make their hand strength clear on a lot of boards? Turned my brain into a mush over-thinking this ATM. I'll come to some conclusion when i think about their strategy more. ... (Typing aloud :tongue2)

Re: The Heads Up Thread Because 1 game is a good sample :ok I would play you more tonight (not that you want to) but i'm running so ridiculously bad in those today it's crazy, just been 2outtered again :eyes.

Re: The Heads Up Thread I really believe some days it's rigged against you, that goes for me you and everyone, because some days no hands hold up at all then the next day the system evens out ;) So you want to play now then ? I'll play. PM.

Re: The Heads Up Thread Over the last 2 days i've played 51 $30 HU SNGs and only won 23. The 2 days before that i played 27 and won 19. For the moment until i rack up a few hundred games i can put it down to variance as i'm not exactly sure if my style has changed in the last 2 days. I know today i ran like total dog muck at crucial times so got impatient as the day wore on and so got into races when i still had a solid stack which didn't help. Generally the games are really soft, probably 2/10 games will be against a solid thinking player but the rest are just monkeys who will call down with uber marginal hands in terrible spots and miss an absolute tonne of opportunities to value bet. There's really so many times i mentally thank my opponent for being so bad for not eeking a few more chips outta me in prime spots. I definitely think like full ring NLHE there's a set plan you can put in place to beat the games what that is i'm not totally sure yet. I think it errs towards being really patient playing small pots until we get to like 25BB then crank up the aggression on later streets in hands. Will come back to that min-betting thing tomorrow. As for Gaf. We're good for a HUSNG series challenge. (Vague call out :tongue2)

Re: The Heads Up Thread Never run so bad ... since well ... last month ... :puke It actually makes me think of quitting. Poker's ******* ridiculous. Every month i get this shit every ******* month a spell of absolute bollocks. Getting it in AIPF dominating my opponents with AT v A8 they spike an 8, QJ v 55 on QTK board turn comes a 5, AI with AK top pair vs Q6 high runner 6's come, opponent has 200 left, they win 4races in a row when behind every time to win the game. Then you get pricks like isaac baron complaining about running bad, the guys won every big online MTT and he thinks he doesn't run good, these fools have no concept of running bad. And before gaf comes in with his stupid tongue smiley saying i guess you don't wanna play. the offers still there totally.

Re: The Heads Up Thread :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :tongue2:tongue2 :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon

Re: The Heads Up Thread After a bad day playing HU SNGs yesterday where i dropped a couple of hundo i went back to the standard 6max games and made $1.4k. Definitely more money in 6max cash ;) But with enough patience it's definitely possible to earn $20k+ annually playing the $30 HU SNGs .

• 3 months later...

Re: The Heads Up Thread

There must be books, articles and sites out there all advocating one thing in HU SNGs - Min betting. 9/10 of my opponents just seem to min bet post flop and are huge calling stations it's really weird. Any board texture, even with 7BBs left they min bet/ call flop and turns then maybe shut down on the river. There's an awful lot of german's playing them too. Am i playing vs german min betting HUSNG bots? .... :unsure
I was well ahead of time ;) Been reading a lot of 'OMG my account has been banned' threads on 2+2. FTP have basically closed a load of accounts because of suspicious activity detected through their new security updates. Main culprits have been found to be Germans who've gotten together on a site and created a very robotic strategy in HU matches so they've all been banned. I knew some dodgy shit was going on, reckon i might e-mail FTP asking for reimbursements.