** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ten Percenter (Finished)

Aphobos

Re: Ten Percenter Almeria as usual have started strongly at home and will have no fear of Sevilla- especially since they have beaten them in both previous meetings last season. That's why Sevilla are huge for a win here but I am going to take a chance as I think they are worth it. Although the chances of them winning this are low they are capable depending on the mindset. Only 1 win from 3 away trips in La Liga so far but that win was a good one at Atletico. That gives me a little faith to have a go here. Round 1, Bet 88 Status Recouping Deficit £9.63 Balance £8.32

Next Bet Almeria v Sevilla, Sevilla @7/4 £1.50
Last Bet Athletic Bilbao 0:1 Barcelona, Barcelona -1AH @1/1 VOID
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: -£1.68 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£6.28

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ten Percenter The Czech Gambrinus Liga is not one that I usually touch for no other reason than I find it hard to pick here. Today though I quite fancy this one. Liberec have started strongly at home with a 4-1-0 while Jablonec, only 2 points behind them, have a poor 1-1-2 on the road. The most recent of these was a defeat at Budejovice- their first home win of the season. Liberec meanwhile racked up an impressive 3:0 win over Sparta. What has made me take this one on though is the h2h meetings in the end. Liberec have won 4 of the last 5 with the other being a draw. For me there is strong favour with the home side here at decent value- although last night I should have taken them @4/5 when I had the chance. Round 1, Bet 89 Status Recouping Deficit £7.00 Balance £10.95

Next Bet Slovan Liberec v Jablonec 97, Slovan Liberec @3/4 £1.33
Last Bet Almeria 0:1 Sevilla, Sevilla @7/4 +£2.63
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£0.95 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£8.91

Re: Ten Percenter Looking at the recent stats this is not a game I would usually try overs on but as I said a few bets ago the 2.Bundesliga seems to be full of them at the moment. In the last two home games Aachen have won 1:0 which doesn't indicate overs here but still I have a feeling it will go over. Mainz offer more with quite a few overs this season. I'm not going in too heavily so will give it a bash. Round 1, Bet 90 Status Recouping Deficit £6.00 Balance £11.95

Next Bet Alemania Aachen v Mainz, Over 2.5,3 Goal Line @17/20 £1.47
Last Bet Slovan Liberec 3:0 Jablonec 97, Slovan Liberec @3/4 +£1.00
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£1.95 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£9.91

Re: Ten Percenter I was tempted to take overs here but after losing an overs bet last night I have decided to leave it alone. BATE will play tight so that may not be wise. I am a big fan of the way Zenit play and as they showed in their UEFA Cup run last season they can unlock most sides and on their game can score at will. With all due respect to BATE I would compare them to UEFA Cup level rather than the competition they are in. Things are not going great domestically for Zenit but they will lift their game for this night and will win I suspect. They should win by more than a goal but the risk is most Champions League games so far have been tight. Round 1, Bet 91 Status Recouping Deficit £7.47 Balance £10.48

Next Bet Zenit St Petersburg v BATE Borisov, Zenit St Petersburg -1EH @3/4 £1.33
Last Bet Alemania Aachen 2:0 Mainz, Over 2.5,3 Goal Line @17/20 -£1.47
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£0.48 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£8.44

Re: Ten Percenter Arsenal going well of late, Fener not. Decent odds here for the away win. Round 1, Bet 92 Status Recouping Deficit £8.80 Balance £9.15

Next Bet Fenerbahce v Arsenal, Arsenal @1/1 £1.80
Last Bet Zenit St Petersburg 1:1 BATE Borisov, Zenit St Petersburg -1EH @3/4 -£1.33
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: -£0.85 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£7.11

Re: Ten Percenter Botafogo were going really strongly in the Brazilian Campeatano up until last month where they started to fall away a bit. No more so than away from home and also in this competition where they lost away to Columbian side America de Cali. They are still a very good side but only 3 days ago lost at home to Santos and now have this long trip to Argentina so will be feeling it. Estudiantes have not had a great season but at the moment are in a good run of form after a bad little patch. They are looking strong at the moment and more so at home. I couldn't calculate which league is the strongest but I think the advantage here is with the home side. Round 1, Bet 93 Status Recouping Deficit £7.00 Balance £10.95

Next Bet Estudiantes LP v Botafogo RJ, Estudiantes LP @10/11 £1.38
Last Bet Fenerbahce 2:5 Arsenal, Arsenal @1/1 +£1.80
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£0.95 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£8.91

Re: Ten Percenter Frankfurt are in real trouble at the moment rooted to the bottom the foot of the Bundesliga with no wins and only 3 points from their 7 matches. It would be hard for anyone to back them on that form with the lack of confidence they must have but surely that win must come soon. Karlsruhe on the other hand are not doing too badly. They lost at home narrowly to Bayern but that could be expected and it came off the back of 3 straight wins so all not bad there. It is hard to pick a winner- if there is to be one. Form would say the away side but I still think the win for Frankfurt will come soon and there is a good chance it will come here. Normally I wouldn't touch this game but as I will be watching it I thought I'd take a little bet for interest. Ive decided to take the goal line but not completely convinced on the overs. I do think both sides will score and were that to happen I would only lose half my stake but also think there would be a winner and were that to happen I would profit too. Frankfurt have to go for the win today and Karlsruhe are quite an effecting counter attacking side. That is why I think there will be goals. It may not pan out that way but its what my gut instinct tells me in this one so I will give it a bash. Round 1, Bet 94 Status Recouping Deficit £5.75 Balance £12.20

Next Bet Eintracht Frankfurt v Karlsruhe, Over 2,2.5 Goal Line @1.72 £1.39
Last Bet Estudiantes LP 2:0 Botafogo RJ, Estudiantes LP @10/11 +£1.00
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£2.20 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£10.16

Re: Ten Percenter I'm going to try backing Bremen here but with draw no bet. Panathaikos are struggling a little of late for my money and I think they could fail to win here. They have lost both their games so far and really must start gathering points but the signs are not good. Bremen are a bit up and down but when they are good they are very good- ie the 5:2 win at Bayern Munich. They got a good point in Milan and could look to add to it here. Round 1, Bet 95 Status Recouping Deficit £4.75 Balance £13.20

Next Bet Panathinaikos v Werder Bremen, Werder Bremen (0) @4/6 £1.50
Last Bet Eintracht Frankfurt 2:1 Karlsruhe, Over 2,2.5 Goal Line @18/25 +£1.00
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£3.20 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£11.16

Re: Ten Percenter Using the same logic as last night I think Chivas, although on a very good run at the moment, will find this trip down to Argentina tough so soon after playing- on Sunday. River are a very good side but things have not been great of late. I watched them beat Defensor though and can see no reason here why they can't make the win. Chivas though will make it very tough as they are a very tight team and hard to break down. Round 1, Bet 96 Status Recouping Deficit £4.75 Balance £13.20

Next Bet River Plate v Chivas Guadalajara, River Plate @13/20 £1.15
Last Bet Panathinaikos 2:2 Werder Bremen, Werder Bremen (0) @4/6 VOID
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£3.20 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£11.16

Re: Ten Percenter I don't usually follow market trends and usually when I do I lose money. Today though as all the UEFA Cup matches look so tight I have decided to try the current one doing the rounds. Lots of money put on Schalke have driven the price down on them to win a little while the odds on PSG have upped considerably- they were just over last night and jumped to over 6/1 today. It is apparently because PSG won't field a full strength side ahead of the big match in Le Championnat at the weekend but I have yet to see this confirmed. I'll give it a bash anyway witht the asian handicap for good measure. I would take a straight win for Schalke here anyway regardless of market trends. PSG are stuttering along in the French league yet again sitting midtable. The recent 0:1 defeat at the hands of Grenoble an indication that they are still vulnerable. They did well to get to the group stages beating a very capable Kayserispor 2:1 on aggregate and actually winning in Turkey. Like PSG the German side got here from their away performance beating Apoel 5:2 on aggregate while winning 4:1 in Israel. Unlike PSG Schalke entered this competition after dropping out the Champions Leauge at the qualification stage. They beat Atletico 1:0 at home but were then leathered 0:4 away. The fact that they beat Atletico though at home gives some confidence here as I would rate them as alot better than PSG- and hopefully a second string PSG. Schalke are going OK in the Bundesliga. They have only lost once this season but have drawn half of their matches and that is the main concern today. Round 1, Bet 97 Status Recouping Deficit £5.90 Balance £12.05

Next Bet Schalke v PSG, Schalke -1AH @1/1 £1.65
Last Bet River Plate 1:2 Chivas Guadalajara, River Plate @13/20 -£1.15
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£2.05 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£10.01

Re: Ten Percenter Ajax are not exactly setting the world alight in the Eredivisie but are still a capable side. They might not be near the top of the league but they are on a decent run at the moment- aside from the 2:5 hiding at Heerenveen. Still though they are not up to scratch and I feel Villa's squad is stronger. At Villa Park this is a game I would expect the home side to impose themselves in and go on to win. Round 1, Bet 98 Status Recouping Deficit £4.25 Balance £13.70

Next Bet Aston Villa V Ajax Aston Villa, Aston Villa @8/11 £1.38
Last Bet Schalke 3:0 PSG, Schalke -1AH @1/1 +£1.65
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£3.70 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£11.66

Re: Ten Percenter League leaders Gremio are looking for their 12th home win of the season having played 15 games there already. Although top of the league their home form is actually nothing special with a few teams around the same and Palmeiras' better. But in Brazil home is a big advantage while teams tend to struggle on the road. Sport are just in the lower half of the table and no more but still only 14 points behind the leaders which isn't too bad for such a large league. Their away record is not good at only a 3-3-9 but one of those wins was a 3:0 win at the aforementioned Palmeiras- their only home defeat this season. So not a banker but I still think Gremio will be too strong for them. Round 1, Bet 99 Status Recouping Deficit £3.25 Balance £14.70

Next Bet Gremio v Sport Recife, Gremio @8/15 £2.34
Last Bet Aston Villa 2:1 Ajax, Aston Villa @8/11 +£1.00
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£4.70 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£12.66

Re: Ten Percenter 7 of St Pauli's last 8 games have gone over and not just by a little bit. The exception was a 1:0 win over 1860 at home but elsewhere it has mostly been goals galore. 34 goals in those other 7 matches which is an average of over 3 a game. At home this is usually more so the case as they usually attack quite readily and there have been 15 goals in their 4 home games including that 1:0. The odds are not great on overs but I would not expect them to be. Depsite the stats saying otherwise Whene are usually tight on the road. 14 goals have been scored in their 4 home games which is over 3 a game but there are contrasts. They drew 0:0 at Koblenz for example but were then pumped 0:5 at Freiburg in their next away game. That was a game I watched and they were hammered more by Freiburg's great attacking play that their own defensive frailties. Last time out they got pumped 0:5 again, this time at Mainz. That was not a game I saw so don't know what happened there. Prior to those to matches then the 2 away games had only involved 4 goals which is low for this league and the worry here is that they will be looking to return to that. St Pauli though should dictate this one and will throw wave after wace of attack which Wehen must defend. If St Pauli break the deadlock early enough then I think the bet will be safe as When will have to open up. Likewise St Pauli throw so much forward that they can be caught at the back so an early goal for Wehen could spell a goal fest too. Round 1, Bet 100 Status Recouping Deficit £2.00 Balance £15.96

Next Bet St Pauli v Wehen, Over 2.5 Goals @8/15 £1.88
Last Bet Gremio 1:0 Sport Recife, Gremio @8/15 +£1.25
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£5.96 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£13.91

Re: Ten Percenter Leverkusen strong at home with a good h2h record against Koln. Round 1, Bet 101 Status Recouping Deficit £3.88 Balance £14.08

Next Bet Bayer Leverkusen v Koln, Bayer Leverkusen @8/15 £1.88
Last Bet St Pauli 2:0 Wehen, Over 2.5 Goals @8/15 -£1.88
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£4.08 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£12.03

Re: Ten Percenter I'll try a bit of a risky one today. Rubin are a team I like to back when I can and are currently 7 points clear at the top of the table. They had a blistering start to the season but still of late been consistantly winning- with the expection of a defeat at home to FK Moscow who are in good form at the moment too. It will be hard for them to win this one and even harder to win by more than a goal because the visitors have only lost 3 teams this season on the road but there is no value on the straight win given how tight the game should be so I'll try the hadicap. I don't mind if Rubin win and the stake is voided. I'd rather that than have to stake bigger on the straight win. Round 1, Bet 102 Status Recouping Deficit £2.88 Balance £15.08

Next Bet Rubin Kazan v Krylia Sovetov, Rubin Kazan -1AH @23/20 £1.20
Last Bet Bayer Leverkusen 2:0 Koln, Bayer Leverkusen @8/15 +£1.00
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£5.08 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£13.03

Re: Ten Percenter The odds are rightly high here. Its 1/2 for the straight home win because the home side are up near the top and the visitors have the worst away record- just 1 win away all season. But they don't usually lose by more than a goal which is with the handicap is so highly priced. I fancy it though here. This is a dodgy league but if the home side can pull off a win then I see better value in trying the handicap. Round 1, Bet 103 Status Recouping Deficit £1.50 Balance £16.46

Next Bet Brommapojkarna v Degerfors, Brommapojkarna -1EH @7/5 £1.07
Last Bet Rubin Kazan 3:0 Krylia Sovetov, Rubin Kazan -1AH @23/20 +£1.38
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£6.46 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£14.42

Re: Ten Percenter The funeral of Dundee United chairman Eddie Thompson was this week and I have no doubt the management and team would like a victory here at home to dedicate to him. In the last two games Dundee United have beaten Hearts and Inverness up here and now look like they are gathering some momentum. St Mirren will be hard to beat and have beaten Rangers recently but I still think the home side will be too strong here. Round 1, Bet 104 Status Banking Target £1.80 Balance £17.96

Next Bet Dundee Utd v St Mirren, Dundee Utd @8/11 £2.47
Last Bet Brommapojkarna 2:0 Degerfors, Brommapojkarna -1EH @7/5 +£1.50
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£7.96 Bank: £7.96 Total: +£15.92

Re: Ten Percenter I'm still not totally convinced where Lyon are concerned. They have the firepower but they need it because they seem to be giving away goals nearly as quickly as they can score them. The midweek win in Bucherest showed that. So overs looks likely here if Lyon are to win because I would suspect whatever happens Auxerre will score. But I am going for the away win regardless. Lyon were pumped 0:3 away to Rennes but I cannot see the same thing happening here. That is there only defeat in Le Championnat this season and I think it was a blip. They cannot afford to allow the closing pack to overtake them here so they will go out for the win and I think they will get it. Auxerre are a bit up and down at the moment. Lyon's superior h2h record in this fixture swung it for me. Round 1, Bet 105 Status Banking Target £1.88 Balance £18.85

Next Bet Auxerre v Lyon, Lyon @10/11 £2.07
Last Bet Dundee Utd 2:0 St Mirren, Dundee Utd @8/11 +£1.80
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£8.85 Bank: £8.85 Total: +£17.70

Re: Ten Percenter This is probably my most stupid bet for a long time- and there have been quite a few of those. Almeria don't do high scoring games as a rule which is why I find it hard to believe over 2.5 goals is less than 1/2. Barcelona do the overs more often than not and have scored 28 goals in the last 8 games in all competitions. So there is for me a 50% chance of overs here and if it happens then I think it will be more than 3. This will for me either be very low scoring or very high scoring. In my view the game will go one of 3 ways. The most likely, and the one I hope does not happen, is that Almeria will defend in numbers and frustrate Barca for a long period until either Barca find a key to unlock them or the referee blow time. If Barca score early enough the game will open up and the chance of overs will increase as space is created. Lastly if by some chance Almeria score first then we will see a Barca onslaught and one way or the other goals. Its not a big stake so I'll give the goal line a bash. Under 3 goals and I lose my stake. 3 goals and my stake is returned. Over 3 goals and we have a winner. Round 1, Bet 106 Status Recouping Deficit £2.07 Winners Req. 2 Profit per Winner Req. £1.03 Balance £16.78

Next Bet Barcelona v Almeria, Over 3 Goal Line @4/5 £1.30
Last Bet Auxerre 0:0 Lyon, Lyon @10/11 -£2.07
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£6.78 Bank: £8.85 Total: +£15.63

Re: Ten Percenter NAC are a team in form at the moment and although they will have a hard trip away to Utrecht I think there is value here. They have only 1 defeat in their last 8 matches winning 6 of those including AZ 2:1 (away), Heerenveen 4:2 (home) and PSV 2:1 (Home). Probably one of the form teams in the Eredivisie at the moment when you look at how dodgy the top teams are at the moment. Even a draw today would put them top of the league. Utrecht have not been so good but are stronger at home. Only 2 wins from 6 this season but both came at home against Willem II and Twente. This should be tight but I favour the away side. Round 1, Bet 107 Status Recouping Deficit £1.04 Winners Req. 1 Profit per Winner Req. £1.04 Balance £17.82

Next Bet Utrecht v NAC Breda, NAC Breda (0) @3/4 £1.38
Last Bet Barcelona 5:0 Almeria, Over 3 Goal Line @4/5 +£1.03
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£7.82 Bank: £8.85 Total: +£16.67

Re: Ten Percenter Valencia are in really good form at the moment so even away from home I think this is a good price. Valencia have a 6-1-0 this season and just a draw here will send them top. Huelva have only won one game this season and are winless on their last 6 outings. Round 1, Bet 108 Status Recouping Deficit £1.04 Winners Req. 1 Profit per Winner Req. £1.04 Balance £17.82

Next Bet Recreativo Huelva v Valencia, Valencia @10/11 £1.14
Last Bet Utrecht 0:0 NAC Breda, NAC Breda (0) @3/4 VOID
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£7.82 Bank: £8.85 Total: +£16.67

Re: Ten Percenter Villarreal have 3 wins from 3 at El Madrigal this season and while Atletico are a right good side I think it will be a home win here. Round 1, Bet 109 Status Recouping Deficit £2.18 Winners Req. 2 Profit per Winner Req. £1.09 Balance £16.68

Next Bet Villarreal v Atletico Madrid, Villarreal @1/1 £1.09
Last Bet Recreativo Huelva 1:1 Valencia, Valencia @10/11 -£1.14
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£6.68 Bank: £8.85 Total: +£15.53

Re: Ten Percenter Real Madrid are the better team here and I think should win by more than a goal. I watched Athletic Club at home to Barcelona who never got out of first gear and they were decent enough but still lost. They have taken pumpings away to Sevilla and Valladolid already. They will try to keep the score down here but I still expect a convincing home win. Round 1, Bet 110 Status Recouping Deficit £3.27 Winners Req. 3 Profit per Winner Req. £1.09 Balance £15.59

Next Bet Real Madrid v Athletic Bilbao, Real Madrid -1EH @4/5 £1.36
Last Bet Villarreal 4:4 Atletico Madrid, Villarreal @1/1 -£1.09
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£5.59 Bank: £8.85 Total: +£14.44

Re: Ten Percenter Round 1, Bet 111 Status Recouping Deficit £4.63 Winners Req. 4 Profit per Winner Req. £1.16 Balance £14.23

Next Bet Singapore Armed Forces v Young Lions, Over 2.5 Goals @1/2 £2.31
Last Bet Real Madrid 3:2 Athletic Bilbao, Real Madrid -1EH @4/5 -£1.36
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£4.23 Bank: £8.85 Total: +£13.08

Re: Ten Percenter Round 1, Bet 114 Status Recouping Deficit £6.95 Winners Req. 5 Profit per Winner Req. £1.39 Balance £11.91

Next Bet Augsburg v FSV Frankfurt, Augsburg @3/4 £1.85
Last Bet Singapore Armed Forces 2:0 Young Lions, Over 2.5 Goals @1/2 -£2.31
Statistics Outlay: £10.00 Profit: +£1.91 Bank: £8.85 Total: +£10.77