Poker, Vegas and other questions

Boulder5111

Hi guys I'm going to Vegas next week and I just have a few questions that I'd like to clear up before I go, any help would be greatly appreicated. :ok Firstly, I've just bought a mini laptop (Dell Mini 9) which I'll be taking. I've never taken a laptop away before so I've got a few questions..... 1. Does it need to be removed from hand luggage so that it doesn't go through the secure scanner at the airport ? 2. WIll I be able to play poker on my Betfair / William Hills poker accounts in Vegas or will the restrictions on US poker players come into play because I am attempting to login from a US location ? 3. Internet is available in the room at around $13 a day. This seems very reasonable, is it just a case of plugging in the phone cable and getting online access for 24 hours with no extra costs ? I've been lucky enough to have been to Vegas quite a few time before and I've no intention of being in my room for long periods of time but I'm there for 14 days so I thought I'd try to get any info on the above questions for when I need to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the strip. I've seen another thread on the new electronic poker room at the Excalibur, so I'll visit that and give a report when I get back. It's actually got a decent write up on the allvegaspoker website. Other than that I'll be mainly playing in OSheas and I'll try Bills as well - low stakes but I've found Osheas in the past to be a profitable game by just playing a fairly straight forward game. Apologies if the questions are a bit naive, but I like to know these things before I set off......thanks in advance...

Re: Poker, Vegas and other questions Hello Hop, Yes laptops must be out of bag and scanned seperately to all other items, the charming security people usually bellow this to you anyway. I've not had any problems playing Euopean poker rooms from Vegas but I have never tried Betfair. There is usually a Lan cable in the room (behind the TV) plug it in fire it up and when you open explorer/firefox there will be a billing page you add your room number and pay on checkout. Try going to the Imperial Palace, 2 doors down from O'Sheas the card room is slightly bigger, similar stakes but usually a better structured tourney and the cash games are just as fishy. I've found O'sheas to be a bit of a con on the rake and the place a bit too trashy for poker but if you want Guinness, Beer Pong and trailer trash I'd stay in O'Sheas all day long :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.