Chester 13/9/08

fintron

A relative of mine is off to a stag do at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Chester tomorrow and so, knowing I like racing, asked me for some tips. I didn't tell him I've had a mare in September but as requested I've given him a name for every race and its his money not mine!!!......<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2.30 – Antiqua Sunrise – has two runs under her belt and ran respectively on soft ground on her debut at York. Also has the pick of the draw in stall 1 which is important here.

3.00 – Night of Fortune – course and distance winner LTO off 7 lb lower mark but this looks a weak race and could easily follow up despite that increase.

3.30 – Look Busy – is well drawn in stall 2 for this 6 furlong listed sprint. Proved himself at listed level with a listed win at Beverley and a Group 3 win at Curragh LTO, both on softish ground. Won here in May to show he is suited to the course and his 6th placed effort the last time he ran here can be ignored because of a poor draw.

4.05 – Strategic Mount – will be fresher than Verasity, who, although looks to have the best form after some decent efforts in Group company, hasn’t been seen for almost a year. Strategic Mount finished a 0.5 length second in a listed race here LTO behind Sir Michael Stoute’s Red Gala. Prior to that he had won a class 2 handicap at Ascot, on ground similar to tomorrow, and with his last run coming 14 days ago, he could be sharper and gets the vote.

4.40 – Princess Ellis – finished 7th in a listed race at Doncaster LTO but this class 4 handicap represents a drop in grade. She has the pick of the draw in stall 1 and finished only 0.5 lengths off the winner on identical ground at Musselburgh two runs ago. The winner, Ishetoo, was rated and Sunrise Safari who she had back in third was also rated 92, making Princess Ellis’ mark of 88 look appealing here, especially since that race came in better company (class 3).

5.15 – Keeling – is a course and distance winner and proved his ability to handle soft ground with a recent win at Warwick. He’s up 5 lbs from his CD win and disappointed LTO at Goodwood, but that may be because he was too keen and went clear too early over that extended trip.

5.50 – Offshore Anna – lightly raced filly who, although a maiden, has been knocking on the door of late with two defeats of less than a length. She is eased 2 lbs by the handicapper after a 0.88 length defeat at Thirsk LTO, that run came on the same ground as faced tomorrow, and she was closely matched with Amicable Terms who was in rampant mood at the time, and the winner, Beautiful Lady was rated 67 too that day.

Re: Chester 13/9/08 Lets take on the fav in 3.30 Chester with Manzilla Inconsistent but useful on his day. Ran poorly on desperate ground recently but the ground should be a bit more to his liking today. Is weighted closely with the fav and would rather back him at around 4s than take the odds on the fave