Sandown 11/09/08

Let's hope the rain holds off at Sandown. Before I start I wouldn't be surprised if Top Town Girl improves on her debut performance in the first. Had apparently been working well a while back and should act on the soft ground here. Only beat one home FTO but that is going to turn out to be a good maiden and with the yard's runners usually coming on for the run she could run well. Likely to be at least 50 on betfair so I may have a tiny dabble E/W or something. 4.05 I fancied Mynamar quite strongly LTO, writing this prior to his run:

Myanmar absolutely flew LTO from an impossible position. Noseda thinks a lot of this horse and he could be a LOT better than he has already shown. I don't use Timeform but I would guess this has at least a little 'p'. I will be staggered if he doesn't turn out to be better than a Class 5 handicapper.
He went off a short price but despite travelling well he never got to the winner and finished a disappointing 2nd. I'm fully prepared to give him another chance though as I don't really worry about Yarmouth form - especially if you challenge off the rail/towards the middle as Mynamar did. The 3rd Dan Chillingworth has held his form since and I'm still confident Mynamar can make his mark in handicaps. Barry Hills is back in form and his Amber Queen has a similar profile. Impressive in maidens (ran in Aqlaams before winning her own easily before disappointing at odds-on on her handicap debut. Prepared to give her another chance too as she may've gone off too quick LTO. Well handicapped (off 80) on her easy maiden win on heavy, 2nd, 3rd, and won since - 4th Rio Guru (beaten 13l) has since gone close off a mark of 78 although to be fair wouldn't have appreciate the heavy ground that day. Mynamar 50% of stake 3.4 betfair Amber Queen 50% of stake 4.3 betfair Plus RFC Odds-on these two couple but I'll be surprised if I don't collect, will be my biggest bet of the month so far.

Re: Sandown 11/09/08

SportHorse Racing
EventSandown 17:10
SelectionEglevski (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date11/09/2008
Bookmaker/PricePaddy Power @ 13.00 (Back)
ReasoningAlways runs a decent enough race and one day is going to get his head infront after nearly two years without a win. Quite likes the softish ground which could be in his favour today. Ahern booked to ride they seem to get on well. Giving him another chance today e/w.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.