I'm terrible at life.

Nade

Lost a stupid amount of my bankroll in the first 3 days off this month, i just seemed to have totally forgotten how to play poker, and it coincides with the death of my Grandad who i was very close to :(. Know i should take a break but the poker takes my mind off things and it's just a lot easier to grind for hrs instead of facing up to life, but there's also the fear that i could conceivably lose all my money playing poker because i don't know all of a sudden whats happening at the table, it's like a mental blank. For the last yr i've felt totally comfortable that i'd never go broke playing poker and i'm still a few k away from that but i'm in a total rut and actually scared that i won't turn it around which leads to grinding and chasing harder and why i'm losing a lot atm. Not chasing in terms of moving to higher stakes, i mean i'm still within 200NL bankroll but just chasing in terms of pushing way too hard in marginal situations. But if i was to lose it all then it would be a total life disaster and there's nowhere to go from there. Could really do with some advice to give me a fresh look on how i can move forward before it spirals way out of control. :(

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.