Kempton 1/9/08

3.30 Mystery Star 10/1 sky 7.5 pts e.w Laughable that the post had this forecast at 20/1 at one stage. Ok theres a couple of nice ones in here but 3 year olds in handicaps at this time of the year often do well and it wouldnt surprise me if the two in this race, this one and goodlight startlight figure prominently at the end. This one has some reallt solid looking runs to her name this season and names that suggest she might not be too badly handicapped at all, I look at the run just behind collection and mystery star in particular and they read so well, I thought so at the time and I think that even more now. Two runs back travelled quite well over further before not getting home, lto was a poor run and that needs to be forgiven but he could never get into the race that day, returning to the a/w today really could help, he won his maiden well on the a/w and the horse he beat has turned into a grade 1 winner in the states no less. Certainly was never going to be 20/1. 4.30 High Heeled 11/10 var bog 15 pts Promising horse from hills, second on debut behind rainbow view no less and that form has worked out really well from the two horses nearest her that day, rainbow view I saw at hq produce the most impressive two year performance so far this season after that, indeed beat those group horses more than she beat this one and the third won afterwards beating a well regarded cecil horse and then after that won a listed race. If High Heeled went into this race on the back of her first race she would be long odds on imo, however one has to mention she performed a bit disappointingly afterwards only sixth in a race she ought have won really. However that can happen with such inexperienced horses, I think the extra furlong should help as she has stayed on well in both her races so far, stall one isnt brilliant but hopefully hills can get a good enough position to see this one show her class over these. 5.30 Checkow 10/3 var bog 15 pts Big big hopes for this one, was in the derby for a long time and is still in the leger, first run explains that a bit, was third that day but so many around him that day have gone onto show their considerable class 1,2,5,6 are all at least 90 rated and sometimes in the 100, afterwards won a maiden with reasonable ease and then was hot fav for handicap at don over shorter but never travelled that well and was beaten into fourth, half staying on at the end. The move up in trip today I certainly see as suiting, has been a bit outpaced over 10f so moving up to 10f should suit and I just wonder whether that, also a move to the a.w could let it show its class, whos knows what could happen after that.

Re: Kempton 1/9/08 3.30 KINGS EVENT @ 3/1 Stoute and Moore have to be followed when they run horses on the all weather, and Kings Event fits into that category. He has shown a lot of good form and should have a strong claim on this race. Until last time, he has been placed in all of his 6 starts, winning 1 of them. Many of these have been in better races than today and he should be able to get another win against lesser opposition. In his career, he has finished behind Buccelati, Noisy Silence and Heaven Knows, all of which have gone on to run ell at this level. I think this is a shrewd bit of placement by Stoute and I think Kings Event is a good price to take this. At worst, you know you will get a good run for your money. :hope:ok