Curragh 31/08

4.15 Again 13/8 var bog 15 pts Only 8th on debut but has improved a lot since then, won well afterwards and then lto produced a very good performance on heavy ground, showing she has stamina aplenty as she saw out what is a testing trip for a two year old really well. Stable won a 2 year old group 1 last week with Bushranger in the coolmore colours and may just have another good one here who could be set for big things including group 1 today. 4.45 Tis Mighty 18/1 var 7.5 pts e.w Followed this one a few times and I just wonder whether the big field may just suit his late rattle today. I felt he was decently handicapped on the evidence of a couple of runs last season and has consistently run well all year but without delivering the goods, I think a mile is the shortest he wants to go, constantly he runs on really well over a mile and indeed has been tried over a touch further. The bit of cut I think may too suit as he has performed well with a bit of cut before. Zero tolerance and Central Station seem the biggest danger to me. 5.15 Masta Plasta 7/4 var bog 15 pts Speed speed and more speed. Thats why I felt 6f lto was the wrong move and sure enough he faded in the last furlong. Admittedly that was on heavy ground too which would have blunted his speed a bit too. However back at 5f today I think they may struggle to catch him, he appears to be right back to his 3 year old royal asc. (york) winning form this year and hsi effort in good a couple of starts back show his ability and that was even more impressive considering he missed the break and that he was compromised by dandy man that day.

Re: Curragh 31/08 3.45 I backed Lizzy Bennett LTO and the form line is total nonsence. She won with plenty in hand - caught on the rail and between horses for most of the final two furlongs she only saw daylight in the last 100 yards but that was enough for her to quicken up and win by 0.75l. 7lb higher here which is fair given the manner of her victory. Ballivor was disappointing LTO but had previously ran to fine races behind Central Station and the First of God (4th twice). Well handicapped on those two runs off 81 - the six horses to finish in front of his all rated 88-102. Ran well below that NTO on easier ground and that is the worry here. Matafanny is unbeaten and impressive LTO. Hard to know what to make of him so far but has to be included given his mark of 87 as there is a chance he may've got in very light. Shela House was a horse I thought had potential when trained by James Fanshawe. Showed nothing on first Irish start but back to 10f here and interesting jockey booking. Lizzie Bennett 40% of stake 11/1 SpOdds (if you can get it) Motafanny 35% of stake 11/2 lads Ballivor 15% of stake 8/1 gen Shela House 10% of stake 14/1 lads/hills plus combos

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.