Ripon 30/08

RussP

3.50 Ripon 16 face the starter in this 6f, Class 2 dash. I'm taking a bit of a chance here on a big price in the shape of: Swift Princess (20/1 Paddy Power) - I'm certain that 6f is the trip for this horse so its effort lto can be ignored. Much better prospects judged on races before that when 2nd and 3rd. Still open to lots of improvement with just 14 races on the clock, winning 3 and being placed in 7 more. May prefer softer ground but I'm prepared to chance a good run at a big price. A strong pace will suit too, this horse should tuck in off the pace. Both stable and jockey are in good form too. There are worse 20/1 shots out there and I'm hopeful of a big run.

Re: Ripon 30/08 3.50 Barney McGrew 16/1 bet3 bog 7.5 pys e.w Hopefully there wont be any more non runners. This one I have backed before and with success at times, he is normally a very good cruiser into his races at his best and that is such an advantage especially in these big field handicaps. His last run was a bit disappointing because he had a genuine chance in the stewards cup but simply found himself too far back to casue any trouble. Prior to that though he ran on really strongly over 5f against some decent handicappers up north and you only have to go back a start or two to when he won well at newc over 6f, indeed beating some of these and he seems a decent price to do so again (same price here as he was to win the stewards cup), middle draw gives him options for his customary late charge.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.