Lingfield 28/08/08

My posts have been a little half-hearted of late. Not up to my usual standard and a few have been posted late. I've just been so busy over the past week or so, plus I've been waiting until as late as possible due to going changes etc. Hope to get back on track and post the night before as much as possible, otherwise it'll end up pretty random based on if I have time or not - rather than being based on strength of selection. The weather seems to have calmed down now a little so we can forward plan a little more. 2.50 I posted about Liberally before her handicap debut at Windsor on his penultimate start. I thought her mark of 68 was fair based on her 2nd to Tatbeeq at Haydock. I didn't think she was given the best ride and I gave her another chance LTO (along with four others I backed in the race). She won well in what I thought was a warm race for a fillies Class 5. She should get the 10f and if she improves for it, as I think she will, she can make light the penalty. Politeia has threatened to win a race more than once this season. She has been given too much to do at times - sometimes not given a chance to get into the race. Visor on for the first time could help and wouldn't be a shock if she popped in but I think she may need an ease in the weights. Another with the first time headgear is Drum Major who has been recently purchased by Gary Moore (ran down the field when outclassed on first start for yard) He took the eye when running for Michael Stoute on his penultimate start (off 3lb higher) when a fast finishing 5th to Palmerin. Make take time to settle at his new yard but I'm certain Moore will get a race out of him (especially once gelded). Really well handicapped on last maiden race when 4th to Never Ending Tale - 5th, 6th, and 7th all won (5th off 73) and the 2nd won a Listed race.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Liberally 85% of stake Drum Major 15% of stake

Liberally/Drum Major/Politeia

F/C T/C Comb

Re: Lingfield 28/08/08 4.20 Cat Patrol was highly tried LTO and had previously ran well on the surface. He is currently trading under evens at the moment and that is ridiculously short. I'm not a big fan of the yard either. Chasing Amy was a massive drifter FTO (9/2 out to 8/1 and bigger on betfair) but ran with credit. Hard to know what to make of but was 5th LTO in what looks a better race. Winner won nursery NTO (albeit off 70) and 4th won a Catterick maiden earlier today. A massive majority of the yard's 2yo winners come outside of nurseries so I think Chasing Amy could her head in front in this or a similar event before season end. A little E/W bet for me on Chasing Amy - it's a good film too.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.