Golf - Johnnie Walker Championship, Gleneagles - 28th - 31st Aug

Very strong field this year with the final chance to either qualify automatically for the ryder-cup or persuade Faldo to use a wild card - Justin Rose and Soren Hansen are 2 who are here specifically for this reason with Rose in particular talking tough this week. Darren Clarke fresh from victory in the KLM in Holland and desperate to get to Valhalla also must be fancied, Paul McGinley had a good tournament also and a ryder-cup veteran who'd love to be on the plane next month. Lee Westwood probably rightfully favourite as Lee's game is in very fine shape. Im going to go with Marc Warren available aroung the 55/1 mark ( around 13/1 for a top 5 finish ) defending champion and had an incredible back 9 in the final day in Holland on Sunday, only Darren Clarke's fine form beating him. My work sponsor the event and own Gleneagles so going to take a trip up to Perthshire hopefully Friday or Saturday use the free passes we got plenty of for the 4 days.

Re: Golf - Johnnie Walker Championship, Gleneagles - 28th - 31st Aug Ian Poulter a very late withdrawel which opens it up further for a cluster of players, Poulter probably quite rightly banking on the nod, I'd fully expect him to be 1st wild card for Faldo - along with Darren Clarke ( my own opinions ) for Valhalla next month.