Exchanges at Half-Time

Guest mr onemore

Guest mr onemore

My first post to an enjoyable forum. Please forgive if this has been discussed big-time before. I've been studying various in-play football markets - and looking for advantages of certain bet/lay opportunities that occur during a game. The idea, of course, is to identify a trend. You then bet, and some time later, lay, thus making a profit. What makes this difficult is that during the game, if a goal goes in whilst you are in the middle of the bet-lay process...well, let's just say you're on a loser! There is of course one part during a game when the trends continue, but there is NO chance of a goal going in to spoil things. This is at half-time!! Anyhow, I've been doing this for sometime now, and make just under 1% of my bank per match. It's not going to change my life, but it makes half-time interesting, and pays for a night out here (Let's just say I don't live in Europe and the few pounds I make go a fair way here). I'm posting this in the full confidence that it is highly unlikely my goldmine can ever be threatened by mass followers of my 'system'. But as a newcomer to this forum, and a very old hand at (h)edge-making, I'm just wondering if anyone has any similar ideas for making money at the exchanges during half-time. For the record I use the under/over markets. I don't intend ever posting my bets before they happen - market is a little to volatile for me to write before I bet - but as an after the time example I 'undered' for 1.24 at the start of half-time in the merseyside derby today - then layed for 1.23 at the end. I find games that are 1-0 at half-time have the most movement - and I average just under a 0.4 swing in those situations. After levelling the books - I end up with a 'free' under bet that I leave to ride until the end of the game. Any comments? I'm interested in them all. All the best, I'm going to watch the last few minutes of the match now and pocket a couple of pounds...

Re: Exchanges at Half-Time A really excellent first post Mr Onemore. As a punter who doesn't play the over / under market or bet on games in running I am not the best person to comment on your system. I assume though that you have no real interest in what you 'think' might happen in the rest of the game - you simply lay the bet off at a profit if you can and take the small gain as a guarantee rather than leave it in the hands of fate? For example in the merseyside derby today did you really think 3 goals might go in, in the second half or were you not interested one way or another when you saw you could make a definate profit? Also (out of interest) you say you are not from England or Europe - just curious - where are you if you don't mind saying? Anyway - once again an excellent first post and a big welcome to the Punters Lounge. By the way I have had a terrible Saturday so anyone who makes a profit impresses me. :sad

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.