Beverley 14/08

2.40 FLORENTIA - LAY @ 7/4 Sir Mark Prescott isnt exactly renowned for having successful juveniles, and I feel this one is far too short. Although there looks some dead wood in this field, Florentia's run 1st time out was nothing to shout home about and I dont rate Prescott when it comes to training his 2 year olds. His debut run didnt look the hottest of races and I would rather oppose at the price on offer. 3.15 WILLIAM BLAKE - BACK @ 13/8 Mark Johnstone is beginning to come into some decent form and this is probably his best runner today. He was mightily impressive early in his career, winning his 1st 3 starts. Since then, he has not been disgraced. In similar sized fields to today, he has always been placed over this trip, and 1m 2f is preferred to the 1m 4f. He is beginning to come back to form and todays race looks easier than what he has been contesting recently. Plenty of non runners may give Joe Fanning the opportunity to bounce him out in front, set a slow pace and then battle home. He stays further than this, so I expect the race may pan out perfectly for him, and if not, I expect class will see him through as he looks by far the best in the field. With all these positives, 13/8 looks a great price. :hope