** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Rock says - 20% ROI (Football)

TheRock_Discipline

This is a a new thread for my 20% ROI challenge because I don't want to look at the old one anymore. ;) My goal is still the same as I try to get rid off stupid habits and bet with more discipline. Rule #1 - Patience is the virtue of the strong Don't get greedy and change your stakes because of losses. Experience and losses will make you stronger, blowing your bankroll won't. Rule #2 - Do not get caught up in emotions Spend at least 15 minutes researching and analyzing every match you bet on. Don't rely on a gut feeling in a match you just watched for 2 minutes. Rule #3 - Analyse your selections after winning and losing Look at the long-term perspective. Because you won a bet doesn't mean it was a good one. And when you lose a bet it doesn't mean you failed. Re-analyze how close you were to winning/losing and which factors, predicitions and expectations proved to be wrong although you won a bet and vice versa. Rule #4 - Be selective Stay as close to your sport, or your area of expertise in this particular sport as possible. Rule #5 - No in-play betting without strategy Do not bet in-play unless you have a very clear strategy. Starting Bank: 1000 points (05.08.2008) Goal: 1200 points (06.10.2008) Bet #1 -50.00p Bet #2 +14.74p Bet #3 +15.69p Bet #4 +14.26p Bet #5 +05.89p Bet #6 +24.73p Bet #7 -93.00p Bet #8 +26.56p Bet #9 +19.97p Bet #10 -150.00p Current Bank: 828.84 points (10.08.2008)

Re: The Rock says - 20% ROI (Football) Bet #11 Celtic 1-0 St Mirren WON 15.22p Bet #12 Lyon 3-0 Toulouse LOST 50p Nice laying thread. :lol I guess I need a lot more experience before making profits. But at least I can congratulate myself for keeping the stakes low in a long series of bets. :clap Current bank: 794.06p New rescue plan => Try to imitate the winning strategies in this forum.:dude

Re: The Rock says - 20% ROI (Football) Bet #16 33 min. in - Fiorentina v Slavia Prague Under 3.5 @ 1.3 Very cautious play by Fiorentina after 1-0 What I learnt now is to trade-out immediately if my "impression" of the match changes. Now Fiorentina started to play straightforward attacking football again so I trade-out at half-time.

Re: The Rock says - 20% ROI (Football)

Kemi v Atlantis --- LOST -50.00p Anorthosis v Olympiacos --- WON +16.64p Juventus v Artmedia --- Match bet --- WON +13.31p --- Score (trade out) --- LOST -18.15 Total -38.2p
Had the right idea with Juventus (clean sheet) but the bet wasn't available. Solved the problem poorly by not backing "any other result". :eyes Lost points and gained experience. :beer