** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis: Olympics & ATP Washington 10th - 17th August

Re: Tennis: Olympics & ATP Washington 10th - 17th August GONZALEZ @ 2.02 Betfair. Like this price on Gonzo as I'd have him as fav at about 1.80. We saw in 2004 how much the Olympics means to the Chileans, and Gonzalez is hitting form at the right time again. I know in 2004 he failed against an American at the semi final stage but I think he can get it done here. He's been excellent all week and hasn't comeclose to dropping a set yet. Blake got the big win over Federer, but on hard courts is it still that big a win? Federer played well most of the time at the Australian Open, but since then he is now 11-6 on hard courts which is average for most and awful for Federer. But emotionally, that's a huge win for Blake and I like going against guys coming off a win like that the day after. H2H is 5-2 to Gonzalez winning the last 5 meetings but none for a while.

Re: Tennis: Olympics & ATP Washington 10th - 17th August DAVVARMAN @ 2.25 Coral. Taking this price now as I think it'll drop. Davvarman did the business for me last night and in another night match I'm expecting similar. He's having a great week and this is a great chance to really get his ranking up. Kunitsyn came through a final set tie break with Fognini and I think this should be a 50/50 match. He sometimes looks awful on serve and isn't at all consistant, this should be close.

Re: Tennis: Olympics & ATP Washington 10th - 17th August TROICKI @ 5.00 Blue Sq. Been thinking about this all day, and decided to go for it. Roddick had back problems last week and has struggled on serve this week against Delgado and Schwank. Troicki struggled a bit in the last round but he is very capable and looks to be one - similar to Tipsarevic - that likes the big matches. They met earlier in the year on hard courts and Roddick won in 3 sets, hopefully today Troicki can take that next step.

Re: Tennis: Olympics & ATP Washington 10th - 17th August Womens Outright: NA LI @ 5.00 Paddy Power. Taking this rather than Li in the semis. She had played maginficant tennis, already taking out Kuznetsova and Venus. She looked totally focussed and is hitting the ball extremely well. She's got Safina in the semis, who came through against Jankovic in a pretty poor quality match. Safina is on an incredible run, but I'm still not entirely convinced and under pressure against Jankovic she struggled a bit on serve. Against the partizan crowd and the way Na Li is returning I can see that being a big struggle in the semi. I really like Li to come through that and she has a great shot in the final. I'm not sure about the other semi, but in the gold medal match I'd definately favour Na Li against either of them.

Re: Tennis: Olympics & ATP Washington 10th - 17th August

TROICKI @ 5.00 Blue Sq. Been thinking about this all day' date= and decided to go for it. Roddick had back problems last week and has struggled on serve this week against Delgado and Schwank. Troicki struggled a bit in the last round but he is very capable and looks to be one - similar to Tipsarevic - that likes the big matches. They met earlier in the year on hard courts and Roddick won in 3 sets, hopefully today Troicki can take that next step.
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Re: Tennis: Olympics & ATP Washington 10th - 17th August Safina comes through in a couple of tight sets:wall DEL POTRO @ 1.71 Betfair. Del Potro is still flying and to be hoenst looks unstoppable at this level. His whole game has clicked in the last couple of months and I see him coming through again. Haas was awful last week against Young and has struggled a bit this week too - dropping a set to de Voest and Falla served for the first set yesterday. He showed against Nadal a couple of weeks ago he is capable of playing very well, but del Potros game looks so much more tight at the moment and he looks a good fav here.

Re: Tennis: Olympics & ATP Washington 10th - 17th August Very easy for del Potro. KUNITSYN @ 2.76 Betfair. I see a lot of people on Troicki, but I'm not agreeing at this price. Troicki got a big win over Roddick yesterday but worringly dropped the first set 6-0 and looked in heaps of trouble. He battled back very well, but does that make him much of a fav here? I said yesterday I think of him like Tipsarevic liking the big matches, but also like Tipsarevic he's incredibly inconsistant and a guy I really don't like as a fav. Kunitsyn got an easy win over Davverman which looked like 1 match too many for the Indian. I don't really like Kunitsyn, however I rate these guys pretty evenly at the moment and have to take this price.