Goodwood - 2/8/08

Goodwood 15:50 - Hoh Hoh Hoh Not quite sure why Hoh Hoh Hoh hasen't won since June 2007, He has the ability to win this race although the price suggests otherwise. Sanders booked for tomorrow which is promising, just hoping the right Hoh Hoh Hoh turns up tomorrow @ Goodwood. 2pts e/w @ 40/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 Horse: Kyllachy Star (GB) @ 14/1 bet365 Course: GOODWOOD Time: 5.00 Your Notes: decent level of form when 3rd a couple of runs ago - 2nd and 4th won since and the winner now has group race entries suggesting he is highly thought of. Didnt get the run of the race last time and is worth another chance.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 350 goodwood - Buachaill Dona 22/1 william hill 9/10 - Aged either 4 or 5 years-old 8/10 - Won from a double-figure draw 7/10 - Came 1st or 2nd last time out 10/10 - Had won at the trip Buachill Dona fits all these and ran a cracker last time out when winning at Newcastle - a career best.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 2.05 Wikaala 9/1 10 pts e.w One of the more unexposed ones in this, showed nothing on debut but has improved since and lto won when pulling clear along with the second, the second has since disappointed but the third has run ok since and given this ones running style and certain bit of its breeding it should appreciate the step up in trip and improve for it, trainer in good form too and has stroke her already this week. 2.40 Perfect Stride 7/4 20 pts Atlantic Sport 9/1 bog 10 pts e.w. Perfect stride is highly thought of, fancied for the guineas and he won in real style last week, showing that when he gets it all together he really is a near group horse running in a handicap last week and he looks very capable of stepping up. in a way though im more interested in the dark horse, atlantic sport, often talked of how highly this one is thought of and lto a furlong out the jockey was looking between his legs, after that I dont know what happened, just blew out into second and that was over 7f, on that im not sure if I would really want a real cruiser up in trip but his half brother was ok at a mile to say the least at this trip and im keeping the faith. 3.15 Lush Lashes 11/8 bog 25 pts Class act this one and showed that big time at york and then again inbetween an oaks disappointment, at ascot over a mile when staying on strongly past infalliable to win nicely. This though ultimately may prove her best trip, and that cannot be said for some of the others, could well be a real doubt about o'briens getting the trip and even cecil's horse may need it softer to be more effective, so a lot going for this to add another group 1 for bolger. 3.50 Prime Defender 8/1 var 12.5 pts e.w Barney McGrew 14/1 var bog 10 pts e.w 5 places Prime Defender has always been a good horse, even at 2 it was in some good races, just behind cockney rebel for one when unlucky in a big sales race. Since then he has had some ups and downs but he has found form of late, running on in a group race over san. stiff 5f and then lto in a group 1 ran really creditibly and that officially means he is in 9 pounds well in today whcih bodes very well, also the high draw has so far been favourable this week although the horse from stall one may try to do something about that. Barney McGrew is a good traveller through his races, something that suits a big handicap and this is his best trip for me and what he won at up north a couple of starts back, run lto saw him make flying late progress behind knot in wood before not quite getting there but chances today if the gaps coem at the right time.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 17.00 - Goodwood - Tishtar WIN (4.4 Betfair) Does have top weight but this mark may not be right. Won very well LTO and looked progressive enough. Only horse in the field to have Group 1 entries and could be destined for much better things. Stable does well in this race too. Was third first time up in a good maiden at 6F before winning at 5F LTO. Was also withdroawn from a listed race. Looks to have quality and should take the beating here.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 Perfect Stride 2.40 Goodwood Expected to be running in group races sooner rather than later, complete no show in the guineas but then looked excellent when winning over 1m last week on good to firm. Moore had it just sat off the pace but then when asked for its effort it quickened up nicely to win going away by 3 lengths, has not had a hard season and turned out after only 1 week in this listed race. Worthy favourite and will be very hard to beat today.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08

SportHorse Racing
Event3.15 Goodwood
SelectionLush Lashes
Strength10/10
Date02/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.28 (Back)
ReasoningLush Lashes is already proven and comes up against several horses here who are just not quite upto her level in my opinion. She absolutely hacked up in the Coronation at Royal Ascot and having won over 10 furlongs before, the step back up in trip won't be a problem. On formlines through Infallible she easily has the beating of Heaven Sent, Passage Of Time and Muthabara. Halfway To Heaven could be the danger but she is not bred to stay this trip and needs to improve to beat Lush Lashes anyway.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 And that is why I will never touch flat racing again. A complete effing joke. Trapped in all over the fkin place. Kevin Manning give up you useless idiot. The horse was at least 3 lengths better than those average horses and he fkin sticks to the inside all the way round. What a joke.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 I thought it was a bad ride Jack. Why keep her covered up where she was when she has so much speed. I'm no expert but if she'd been kept towards the outside she could have had more of a clear run but hey shit happens.

And that is why I will never touch flat racing again. A complete effing joke. Trapped in all over the fkin place. Kevin Manning give up you useless idiot. The horse was at least 3 lengths better than those average horses and he fkin sticks to the inside all the way round. What a joke.
Lump of shite ride wasnt it, bet the bookies are pleased with that one is it 15 or 16 group ones for Obrien now, amazing season... whens the next one im putting my house on him winning it lol

And that is why I will never touch flat racing again. A complete effing joke. Trapped in all over the fkin place. Kevin Manning give up you useless idiot. The horse was at least 3 lengths better than those average horses and he fkin sticks to the inside all the way round. What a joke.
That is why you should pay attention who is riding your horse. The man on fire is Murtagh at the moment. He rides absolutely perfectly. He and Fallon are the reason why Aiden has so many winners. It is not only about horses you know. But I also agree on your thoughs about the flat. I stay away from it for the same reasons. Luck plays a bigger role in flat races than over the jumps.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 Manning is no fool so you would think he would have stayed out of trouble knowing he was on the best horse in the race. Steve Mellish is about to explode on RUK... describes the ride as Absolutely Disgusting, well said, at least he has some balls rather than the idiots on C4 who are trying to cover up for Manning.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 I think it's the worst I've seen on a group one horse. It seemed that he did everything he could to make the horse lose lol. If you look closely he even drops one of his reigns and it seems Jim and Francome the ambasadors for home jockeys. If he'd been a Japanese jockey for instance they'd have slated him.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 Murtagh is a master tactician, and he's top jockey for that reason alone, he's not that strong in the saddle. I would imagine Bolger has Mannings bollocks in his hands by now :spank You need some luck in flat racing as it is, but you're not helped by a bad ride. That race just about sums up my week. :sad

I think it's the worst I've seen on a group one horse. It seemed that he did everything he could to make the horse lose lol. If you look closely he even drops one of his reigns and it seems Jim and Francome the ambasadors for home jockeys. If he'd been a Japanese jockey for instance they'd have slated him.
Jimbo burnt his fingers there Steve, but he won't come on the screen shouting about it, even if he was the type to do so. I haven't had Betfair Radio on this afternoon, but I bet Mannings got a slating on there.

That is why you should pay attention who is riding your horse. The man on fire is Murtagh at the moment. He rides absolutely perfectly. He and Fallon are the reason why Aiden has so many winners. It is not only about horses you know. But I also agree on your thoughs about the flat. I stay away from it for the same reasons. Luck plays a bigger role in flat races than over the jumps.
I think that is an unfair comment. Any jockey should have been sensible enough to sit closer to the pace when an O Brien horse who stays further was setting a slow pace on the front end. He was on the best horse and should have reacted to how thw race was panning out. I dont feel it was his fault that he couldnt get a run, but he should have taken action earlier in the race to avoid being caught in traffic which frequently happens in slow paced races. Shocking ride and it stunk of incompetence.

You meant fair' date=' not unfair, didn't you? ;)[/quote'] No, to be honest I found it unfair. The horse should have had so much in hand, it shouldnt have mattered who was on board. So I dont think many people would have been put off backing her because of the jockey. :ok

I am not saying Manning should stop people from backing a horse. But sometimes a jockey makes a big difference. And the difference between him and Murtagh is that the latter wins races and the former loses them.
Cant disagree with that. Murtagh tactically outclassed and rode Manning, Moore etc to sleep.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 I agree, he is in a different league. For me, Ryan Moore is overrated and Manning, well you just need to watch that race and your opinion is made up. Murtagh is top notch, along with Fallon they are both miles clear of the rest in my opinion.

I agree, he is in a different league. For me, Ryan Moore is overrated and Manning, well you just need to watch that race and your opinion is made up. Murtagh is top notch, along with Fallon they are both miles clear of the rest in my opinion.
Moore overrated? what a load of nonsense. One of the best jockeys round without doubt if you disagree then there is no hope for you.

Moore overrated? what a load of nonsense. One of the best jockeys round without doubt if you disagree then there is no hope for you.
Judging by this weeks rides at Goodwood, Moore is trying to make it look as exciting as Spencer. Three winners on Tuesday, and as fas as I saw, not much since. Having said that, I think there may be something slightly wrong in the Stoute stable, as his horses should be performing better than they have this past two weeks. He's had 9 winners from the last 42 runs, but some of those were beaten easier then they should have been. All in all, I'll take Moore over R. Hills and the likes of Stoute over Channon, who can seriously damage your wallet as a backer with horses under 5/1.

Re: Goodwood - 2/8/08 Moore is the future of racing, he has a very tactical head on his shoulders for a young lad, it's just at the moment he's a bit hit and miss but so are Stoute's horses. Last week at Newmarket he gave Perfect Stride a great ride, albeit in a class 2 handicap, yesterday it was never in any kind of position early on and had to go round the outside but the horse was also poor. He certainly isn't overrated. As for Manning, you have to feel a little sorry for him, at the 3f pole he looked to be getting boxed in but he didn't panic and then went for the rail, if he'd got there Lush Lashes would have bolted clear and he'd be a genius but he was unfortunate that Muthabara/R Hills swerved right across the track blocking his run and then when he had to pull it left it was too late as Murtagh had already kicked and had momentum. Lush Lashes was flying at the end, i'd back it next time out with Manning on it, another few strides and it would be a different result. I don't think jockeys should be free of criticism but it felt like people were jumping on the "bash Manning" bandwagon and probably talking through their pockets.