GOLF:WGC Firestone GC Ohio

World Golf Championships

This week should test the Depth of World Golf due to a certain Mr Woods being absent due to Injury! I have searched through the past five years records and unearthed some stats you should be aware of before parting with your Hard Earned! Phil Mickelson currently trading at around 12,s has not even had a Top20 at this Tournament. Lay him with your mortgage!

Ernie Els currently trading between 20-35,s has had one Top20 and currently going through swing changes with Butch Harmon,"Never a good thing short term"! So another i am happy to lay!

Sergio Garcia currently trading between 16-20,s has had one Top10,but I would be happy to watch his progress because as stated in the British Open thread I believe he is on the Edge of a Big Win soon!

Players To Consider!

Rory Sabbatini @ 95/1@Betfair, He has two 2nd places in this in 04&07,so given that Tiger is absent it looks great value!

Stewart Cink @ 22/1@Betfair, He has won this in 04 and lost a Play-off to Tiger in 06.My only concern is the price,I would think that if he gets a Mediocre start on day one Betting In Play might throw up twice that price!

Chris Di Marco @ 220/1@Betfair,Now this is a bit of a long shot,as per my British Open posts will show I thought he might show there but withdrew with 2 days to go,so I don,t know if there are Injury troubles,maybe someone can let us know! He was 6th in 04,2nd in 05 and 4th in 07,and when all is said and done when you pitch that form in with Mickelsons you wonder why he is X20 times bigger.The big plus here is if he does put himself into contention you can lay him and still return a huge win! I know Stats are thrown out the window sometimes and Golf is a Form Game,but I do believe that the course form is more relevent than most weeks here!

Good Luck Guys!:hope

Re: GOLF:WGC Firestone GC Ohio Sean O'Hair, e/w @66-1 After a career year in 2007 O'Hair hasn't kicked on as many expected, he won the PODS back in March and then went into a bit of a slump. There's promising signs he's coming back to form though after making the cut at the Open he finished T3 in Canada last week and played very well. Henrik Stenson - top European @10-1 Stenson is another player who had a stellar start to the year and then went into a bit of a slump. He ground it out really well at the Open and showed signs that he's up for it and getting back to the player we all know. Firestone is a tough course and I think Stenson is the sort of player who likes that kind of challenge, he's been there preparing since Sunday and reckons he's in good shape.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.