Ascot Sunday 27/8/08

A couple of cracking handicaps here today. 2.15 ROYAL JET 40/1 E/W ~Was 2nd in this to Young Mick in 06. A horse that comes from behind and needs to get the breaks to figure which it didn't lto. Is worth taking a chance at the price. I will also have a small win bet on the quirky JOHN TERRY at 25's who has a real chance if in the mood. 2.50 CAKE 50/1 E/W PP paying 1st 5 Hannon horses are running so well has an apprentice on board this one could go well at a big fat price. 2.50 ELHAMRI 40/1 E/W PP paying 1st 5 Was a decent 2yo but was very poor last year. Seems to be coming back now with ground to suit can go well and has won here.

Re: Ascot Sunday 27/8/08 2.15 Luberon Has won twice off a mark of 98 & gets in off 93 here which gives it a massive chance. Was a doubt the horse gets the trip but showed when beating pevensey LTO it is no problem. Likes the fast ground & has a 33% win ate in this class of handicap. 11/2 with Sporting bet 2.50 Oldjoesaid Been keeping an eye on this one & the draw at Chester (drawn widest of 10) put paid to its chances LTO however managed a close up 5th. Concern today is the ground, but if Candy has let it run, I will trust his judgement as the horse must be fit. 16/1 Sporting bet an EW chance in such a big field. Strike up the band & Holbeck Ghyll would make up my tricast!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.