** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rugby League: SL, NL & Challenge Cup Semi Finals

Hope nobody minds me putting this up Super League Round 16 (rescheduled) Friday 25 July 2008 Wigan Warriors (-10) v Huddersfield Giants (+14) (20:00BST) Details Challenge Cup Semi Finals

Saturday 26 July 2008Home Away
Leeds Rhinos v St Helens (12:30BST) +4-4BBC ONE Details »
Hide « Leeds Rhinos v St Helens
Sunday 27 July 2008Home Away
Wakefield Trinity v Hull FC (15:30BST) +6-6BBC TWO Details »
National League One
Friday 25 July 2008Home Away
Salford City Reds v Leigh Centurions (20:00BST) -14+14SS3.gifDetails »
Hide « Salford City Reds v Leigh Centurions
Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers (20:00BST) -4+4S4C Details »
Hide « Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers
Batley Bulldogs v Celtic Crusaders (15:00BST) +10-10S4C Details »
Hide « Batley Bulldogs v Celtic Crusaders
Widnes Vikings v Dewsbury Rams (15:00BST) -18+18Details »
National League Two
Friday 25 July 2008Home Away
Doncaster v Blackpool (20:00BST) -24+24Details »
Hide « Doncaster v Blackpool
Saturday 26 July 2008Home Away
London Skolars v Gateshead (15:00BST) +12-12Details »
Hide « London Skolars v Gateshead
Hunslet Hawks v Workington (15:00BST) -6+6Details »
Hide « Hunslet Hawks v Workington
Oldham v Keighley (15:00BST) -12+12Details »
Hide « Oldham v Keighley
Rochdale v Barrow Raiders (15:00BST) +8-8Details »
Hide « Rochdale v Barrow Raiders
York City v Swinton Lions (15:00BST) -20+20Details »
Have taken one in the Challenge Cup Semi's which I'll put up in a bit...

Re: Rugby League: SL, NL & Challenge Cup Semi Finals Have followed the form this weekend…

Hull face Wakefield in Sunday’s Challenge Cup Semi Final with both teams in contrasting form. Hull were victors against their local rivals KR 44-18 last time out having defeated this weekend’s opponents the week previous 26-18 at Belle Vue. Wakefield on the other hand have lost their last 4 including a 24-10 defeat at Bradford last time out and a dismal defensive performance at Warrington losing 60-24.

A lot has been said regarding Wakefield coach John Kear’s talent for producing great cup performances, but the nature of their last 4 matches worries me. Going forward they have failed to break the 20pt barrier in 3 of their last 4 and - to me anyways – they seem to have lost a bit of that early season confidence when approaching the opponents try line.

Hull on the other hand, seem to be hitting form at the right time. They have some experienced players due to return in Raynor, Carvell and Dykes but it may be that one of them may be disappointed as the likes of Hall and Briscoe have done well in the last few weeks. Coach Richard Agar has spoken of his delight at the selection problems it has posed him and if I were him I’d be tempted to leave the youngsters in.

All in all, at -6 (-4 available in places) I reckon they’re a good bet to beat an off-colour Wakey this weekend. Cup rugby can be a bit unpredictable – and if anyone can engineer a ‘shock’ it is Kear - but as it is my money’s on Hull this weekend.

Am going to the Leeds v Saints game so will have enough emotional investment in that one to make up for any lack of financial. Severely tempted by Ladbrokes’ 13/8 Leeds as I reckon the teams should be closer but can’t bring myself to bet on it as I know my Leeds-tinted glasses are likely to be influencing me :unsure.

3pts Hull (-6) to beat Wakefield @ 10/11 (-4 available at Boyles, Betdirect, Stan James – gotta stop taking prices earlier on in the week :wall)

GL all… :hope :ok

Re: Rugby League: SL, NL & Challenge Cup Semi Finals Well Lee I am going the other way and backing Wakefield. I saw Hulls defeat against Hull K.R last week and it cost me all the profits I had built up over the 3 previous days, but something went wrong there. Hull had half a side out and still won to 0 in the second half, the ommision of Paul Cooke tells me something was not right last week and a lot of Hull K.R fans have said the same thing, they just collapsed and looked dis-interested. So I have to ignore that as a form guide. I went to the Bradford v Wakefield game last week and was bored silly, Wakefield have had one eye on this week for a while and did not try at all and I believe you may see a big performance from them tomorrow. One of the problems though is trying to play Brad Drew with Danny Brough, it just does not work, one has to take control and with them both on the pitch they get in each others way, I hope tomorrow one is left on the bench. So for modest stakes I am taking the +6 for Wakefield 10/11 One more is Oldham - 12 10/11 against Keighely Oldham are a very good side at home and Keighely although improved recently are not a great side. Oldham easily covered this against a far better side in Doncaster last week and I expect them to do so again here again and will back this one to medium stakes.

Re: Rugby League: SL, NL & Challenge Cup Semi Finals Best of luck Karel, at least we'll have one winner on here then - unless we're extremely unlucky with a h'cap draw :\. If you haven't already put it on and you've got a Willy Hill's near you, they're going +8 Wakey mate :ok

Re: Rugby League: SL, NL & Challenge Cup Semi Finals St Helens v Leeds could be repackaged as a try-fest between the two best attacks in Superleague OR as a no-holds-barred armwrestle between the two best defences in Superleague!! Heavy rain showers are forecast for Huddersfiled between 1.00pm and 7.00pm tomorrow. It's just bounced it down here in Halifax tonight. Should I sell at 43 points / back under 46 points (Bet365)? I think that the answer is "Yes" as the tension should play some part in this Grand Final rehearsal ....................

Re: Rugby League: SL, NL & Challenge Cup Semi Finals

Best of luck Karel, at least we'll have one winner on here then - unless we're extremely unlucky with a h'cap draw :\. If you haven't already put it on and you've got a Willy Hill's near you, they're going +8 Wakey mate :ok
Lee we should have had a bet between ourselves and cut the bookies margins out :ok 8 start had not looked . I will be taking this bet on, I would love to wish you the best of luck but :moon :rollin

Re: Rugby League: SL, NL & Challenge Cup Semi Finals Double for me tomorrow.. Whitehaven to see off Halifax. Fax get 2 start with Stanjames but if you shop around it might be off scratch with others. Fax have done well this year but have started to wobble a bit recently. They also have a few key players missing with longterm injuries. Whitehaven go into this game 1 of the leagues form sides and at home their ground is like a fortress. They also have 1 or 2 injuries but its not as bad as Fax. Prediction Haven to win by about 15-20pts. My other bet is Oldham who should easily see off Keighley who themselves have improved over recent weeks but I would expect Oldham to win by 20+

Whitehaven go into this game 1 of the leagues form sides and at home their ground is like a fortress. They also have 1 or 2 injuries but its not as bad as Fax. Prediction Haven to win by about 15-20pts. My other bet is Oldham who should easily see off Keighley who themselves have improved over recent weeks but I would expect Oldham to win by 20+
I did mention above about the Oldham game, but after reading about all their injurys here I am going to leave it, I really liked the bet but this has evened it out and I will leave it alone. I was thinking of the Whitehaven game but have decided against it, but agree with what you say above about the game, I was maybe hoping for a bit of start though.

I'm going to Batley vs Celtic today, no bet for me I think it should be a cracking game. Come on Batley ;)
Did you go to Sheffield Paul? Now that was a cracker, best game I have seen for ages, even got about 10 shots of the tool of an ex coach of ours, he just loves the limelight :D

Did you go to Sheffield Paul? Now that was a cracker' date=' best game I have seen for ages, even got about 10 shots of the tool of an ex coach of ours, he just loves the limelight :D[/quote'] No mate, I've been to Italy for a week so missed the draw against Salford and was flying back when the Sheffield game was on. Just watched it though, I thought I was a poor game of rugby. Enjoyed Batley/ Celtic today. 3 defeats on the bounce now for Celtic and I'll be opposing them for the last 4 games. Once again showed some skill attacking but they don't look interested. Obviously some players know they will be retained for Super league and some not, very poor showing. I spent most of the game chatting to the match commissioner/ ref assessor Bob Connelly :lol:lol He's got a cushty job now, I remember him and his brother reffing a few years back ;)

Re: Rugby League: SL, NL & Challenge Cup Semi Finals Yes Celtic have gone at the moment, franchise sorted and as you say many knowing they are not good enough, could be a total clear out so why bother attitude maybe. I build websites as a living and have been very busy with this recently and in turn have lost touch a little with the lower leagues in the last few weeks. I used to look on every site, every forum, buy the league express and go to many games, I just have not had time recently and really need to get back into it as you can have a real edge over the bookie, next year I have promised myself to get back into it full on. Suprised you thought the Sheffield game was poor, I watched it as a neutral and really enjoyed it and what a finish. Both defences looked weak, yours out wide and Sheffields up the middle. By the way well done on your Hull bet Lee, I did Wakefield on the spread with 6 start so only a couple of points lost, glad you won, great first half, just a shame Danny Brough missed all those kicks, but great game.

By the way well done on your Hull bet Lee' date=' I did Wakefield on the spread with 6 start so only a couple of points lost, glad you won, great first half, just a shame Danny Brough missed all those kicks, but great game.[/quote'] Cheers mate, glad to hear you were only on the Spreads :ok.