Paul Ross system

After a long time looking through the mass of this forum as a newbie I couldnt help but notice alot of posts about the Paul Ross rating system. I've found references to 365stats and cavelloman's topics, but I cant find anywhere how the ratings are calculated. Could anyone help me please? Or is it a secret, and only Paul Ross lets us know what the teams ratings are currently? If so what in your opinion is the best football rating system and how does it work?

Re: Paul Ross system :welcome to PL trigz! They are showing the attacking capability of each team based on the past x games. At least, that's what Paul Ross has divulged. My personal opinion is that they are quite helpful in betting, although I had a question regarding the number of past games. Paul used to base these figures on the last 5 home/away matches but then switched to 4, if I am not mistaken. In fact my question on this issue and whether this has improved the ratings remains unanswered at: http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f6/prediction-ratings-ratings-tables-2007-2008-a-60583/ Best wishes, Rushian