Wolverhampton 14/7/08

7.20 The majority of AW maidens are won by favs, or at least one of the first four in the betting, but I'm going against those stats here and suggesting Igneous (16/1). My worry is that Blown It and Defector are poorly drawn, whilst Igenous has a good draw in stall 3 and should be able to get to the rail. Karl Burke's charge has previous racecourse experience, finishing 4/6 on firm ground at Ayr 24 days ago. The form is nothing special - 2nd, 3rd and 6th did nothing NTO - but at least he has seen a racecourse before and with the two favs very short in the betting I'm taking a punt on this one instead. 7.50 Couldn't help but be impressed with the ease at which Hurricane Hen won LTO over CD as he recorded back to back CD victories. He's berthed in box 9 tonight, which doesn't seem ideal, but he won out of stall 10 two runs ago and given his current form in claimers, and that he runs off the same mark of 67 again here, he's my selection. 8.50 Chijmes was close to scoring on the polytrack at Kempton LTO off this mark so appears to handle the surface and he and has been running well in class 4 races of late (contests a class 5 handicap here). His chances have been strengthened with the withdrawl of Brian Ellisons horse.

Re: Wolverhampton 14/7/08 In the first YORK CLIFF is getting long in the tooth and at 5/1 isn't overly big but has been running fairly well and the fact that job jockey "steady eddie" is on board is a major plus as he has a great record with the horse. A win bet for me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.